Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 03:29 UTC

Re: E - teaching / online courses  

Free Robotics ( 101) course starts Jan 2017

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/begin-robotics

and more advanced 6 courses

https://www.coursera.org/specializations/robotics

Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 03:34 UTC

About this course: Nanotechnology and nanosensors are broad, interdisciplinary areas that encompass (bio)chemistry, physics, biology, materials science, electrical engineering and more. The present course will provide a survey on some of the fundamental principles behind nanotechnology and nanomaterials and their vital role in novel sensing properties and applications. The course will discuss interesting interdisciplinary scientific and engineering knowledge at the nanoscale to understand fundamental physical differences at the nanosensors. By the end of the course, students will understand the fabrication, characterization, and manipulation of nanomaterials, nanosensors, and how they can be exploited for new applications. Also, students will apply their knowledge of nanotechnology and nanosensors to a topic of personal interest in this course.

COURSE OBJECTIVES The course main objective is to enhance critical, creative, and innovative thinking. The course encourages multicultural group work, constructing international 'thinking tanks' for the creation of new ideas. Throughout the course, you will be asked to reflect upon your learning, think "out of the box", and suggest creative ideas.

The course is set to encourage the understanding of: 1. The importance of nanoscale materials for sensing applications. 2. Approaches used for characterizing sensors based nanomaterials. 3. Approaches used for tailoring nanomaterials for a specific sensing application. 4. Metallic and semiconductor nanoparticles. 5. Organic and inorganic nanotubes and nanowires. 6. Optical, mechanical and chemical sensors based on nanomaterials. 7. Hybrid nanomaterial-based sensors.

https://www.coursera.org/learn/nanotechnology1

Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 03:42 UTC

Gravity in the Solar System basics http://study.com/academy/topic/sciencefusion-space-science-unit-22-gravity-in-the-solar-system.html

Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 23:45 UTC

The way education is done now (in most countries): you pay a lot of money to go to a university to get educated. Why should we have to pay to learn things in the first place. One of the goals of Asgardia is to create a demilitarized and free scientific base of knowledge in space. But why stop there? Why not provide a free education for everyone on earth? (In the end we are still earthlings.) Setting up a website is a good start. But what happens if some government(s) tries to shut down the whole system? If blockchain technology is used instead, everything is decentralized and nobody can ever take down the system (or they will have to take down the entire internet with it).

Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 21:20 UTC

I was just looking for a topic like this. Maybe now it's to early to do such a thing, but I think we should create a sort of knowledge library, where people with enough knowledge could film a video, like youtube, where they teach about their subject, and where each entry is organized into various fields so everyone can find what they are interested in learning easily. It could also work as a database where people could upload digital documents like ebooks or their personal notes that they took when studying.
Obviously it would need a sort of peer review mechanism to avoid misinformed stuff to be pubblished.
I could be sharing what I know in astronomy, physics and math for example, I would be more than happy to do so (even though right now I have very little spare time).

Jan 4, 17 / Aqu 04, 01 14:31 UTC

We certainly need to frame a hierarchy of plans in order to prioritize unique national advantages and for educational goals and organized content for e- learning curriculums designs. Web communication learning platforms configurations are so important for further engagements in the execution and delivery service tactical level. It is not easy at all in a timeline process while we have to act exceptionally well and while the governmental institutionalization is not yet set.

Jan 6, 17 / Aqu 06, 01 10:49 UTC

Free Ebooks Compilation of insights from O’Reilly authors, editors, and speakers, on the latest in technology and business.http://www.oreilly.com/free/reports.html

You can download the books in PDF format. An email address–but no credit card–is required.

Access to 243 free ebooks covering a range of different topics:

Business & Leadership (10 ebooks total) The Secrets Behind Great One-on-One Meetings Your Critical First 10 Days as a Leader more

Data, Artificial Intelligence & Big Data (95 ebooks total) What Is Data Science? What Is Artificial Intelligence? Analyzing Data in the Internet of Things more

Design (20 ebooks) Design Essentials Designing for the Future Experience Design more

Hardware & the Internet of Things (24 ebooks) What Is the Internet of Things? Building a Hardware Business Pitching Your IoT Project more

Software/Programming (36 ebooks) A Whirlwind Tour of Python Java: The Legend 20 Python Libraries You Aren’t Using (But Should) more

Security (8 ebooks) Privacy and the Internet of Things Cracking Security Misconceptions more

Web Development & Performance (19 ebooks) Getting Started with the Web Developing Great Web APIs Modern Javascript more

Web Performance & DevOps (31) Mobile App Analytics Modern Web Operations DevOps in Practice more

... Enjoy

CSR :)

Jan 9, 17 / Aqu 09, 01 07:47 UTC

I think E-teaching is a good idea to make education accessable for everyone. However, I'm still one of the people who likes the "old school" classroom. I think this is a really good way especially for young children to learn social behaviour. As I'm a primary school teacher I think it's very important to teach the children the advantages and disadvantages of modern media. They need to learn a responsible handling with modern technology and how to filter the good and the bad. I think this could only be done by face-to-face teaching.

Main idea I wanted to get across: E-teaching is good for education to reach as many people as possible, but it should not be the only way how children and generally Asgardians are taught.

Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 17:52 UTC

I agree about the age issue. I've been teaching online for many years, and in my experience e-learning is suitable after 13, for some subjects and with children already attending a local institution. In extreeme cases of social isolation children are already following the classroom lessons from home, but these are caseses of extreme social emergency. Of course home schooling is a totally different case.

For adult lerners, instead, I found that for several reasons e-learning is the most suitable channel for permanent education. In the specific case of Asgardia would be a great idea to create classroom environments to start building a scientific community.

Last edited by:  Laura Marsano (Asgardian)  on Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 17:55 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 19, 17 / Aqu 19, 01 13:52 UTC

Hola a todos, queridos Asgardianos. Aunque aún soy estudiante, me encuentro trabajando en el área de eLearning y me interesa esa área de formación por lo que si puedo apoyar en la misma estaré a la orden.

Jan 25, 17 / Aqu 25, 01 20:52 UTC

I think, if this taken seriously, it can turn into something of great importance. But I see a constant tendency amongst many where they want to separate from the rest of the world - create our own educationl system and because we are, in fact, a virtual nation, our own platform, with our very own courses. Nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong! But as many have shared above, there are so many specialized courses out there already... I see our aim as bringing a contribution to the world! Our future as humans needs to head towards globalization - no borders, no seclusion! Start small :)

Why not try and create a platform with new courses and information that are so hard to come by? Someone mentioned nanotechnology. I would love to teach about Renewable Energy Systems, having a background in teaching. Ancient History - a mirror into the future; something we are not easily given acces to!

Why not concentrate on what we as humans need to progress into the future, our future as asgardians? Let us not forget that the first ever space nation is a global, unifying and humanitarian project :) I say we create a platform, learn from each other, share with the world. Create a simplified platform with an accent towards personalized learning. It will be aimed at children, probably age 10+, but also adults.

Also, I have noticed people have been coming up with ideas (not on this post, just raising a concern), working on frames, proposing projects and so on... but many times just for the sake of standing out, getting noticed, asking people for help, taking credit and then giving it up all together. As a former teacher, I take this very seriously and if this (platform) were to happen, we need people with experience willing to work on such a platform, people that know what they are doing and should not do it for the wrong reasons. We're not here for fame, we are here to grow together. One step at a time...

Feb 16, 17 / Pis 19, 01 08:58 UTC

Dear asgardian sir, E-teaching/ online courses for every subject may be conducted.If online it may be applied should start soon.It will be a nice program on asgardia .Please explain it'process to conduct. thanks.

Feb 16, 17 / Pis 19, 01 14:22 UTC

The whole purpose of Asgardia is to provide a service to humanity that requires the highest levels of education and technical ability, not to mention the humanities that ground our purpose. As such, Asgardia should have a strong culture of personal improvement, perhaps recognising the achievement of the individual as a national honour. Education at all levels should therefor be a basic right of all Asgardians, and Asgardians with an education that other citizens lack may well be morally obliged to provide some level of teaching.

Feb 18, 17 / Pis 21, 01 08:34 UTC

something fairly new for free Maths and science education

http://bigthink.com/videos/po-shen-loh-using-technology-to-educate-the-globe?&&#link_time=1487355477

The site

https://www.expii.com/

Feb 21, 17 / Pis 24, 01 14:28 UTC

As others have mentioned, there are already many quality online courses available for free on the Internet. What could we do that was substantially different from them?