Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 20:42 UTC

Education for Asgardian Citizens regardless of Rezidence  

Since you have a citizenship you should be entitled to education so what is the Asgardian Ministry of Youth and Education going to do about this? Any thoughts for the higher-ups?

Admin Edit: Hey there, I moved this topic to the Education board, as it is pertinent in such a sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by:  Alessandro Fiume (Asgardian)  on Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 20:54 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Moved to pertinent board

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 20:48 UTC

I think we should create an online library with textbooks and video courses, then in the future, if we manage to do so, we could build a University that could form proper doctors.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 15:22 UTC

I agree that education for the people of Asgardia could be a great benefit for the citizens as for the world. At the same time, just providing Ebooks of any usefull topic that we can find is most likely not going to be approved, with copyright issues etc. Additionally I dont believe that Ebooks or books in general would be the best form of education either.

Perhaps it would be very usefull to gather a library of educational youtube content. The additional views provided would support the creators of the content, and it can be provided to the citizens in a categorized format. People are much more willing to learn topics via a video format.

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 00:45 UTC

I find the title of this thread concerning - what made you think educational oppertunities would be denied due to your place of residence?

Quite obviously, what the ministry of youth and education will do about this is to eventually ratify what would actually comprise of an educaitonal standard in various fields as well make available educational services in order to further our own citizens. It will naturally take some time to resolve a lot of variables, but I'd expect that by this time next year if there isn't an Asgardian University, it'll be well on the way to happening.

In the interim of having actual educational services, various "workshops" can be setup - People with knowledge and experience can impart it to those willing to listen. Similar to TED talk or something, maybe. A wiki might be useful for this for now, and other things later. I'll pop off a feature request for that shortly. Copyrights might be an issue with other peoples works, but people with applicable expertise can create educational materials on topics. People speaking more than one language can assist others with learning their native language etc.

For some subjects, an Ebook might not be the most productive method - but similar things worked well for quite some time. I don't think there should exist specific focus on one particular medium in order to achieve the end goal, but for now at least we should be archiving if not the data itself, but where to find, as much as imparting what we already know.

A battery of tests to determine where to ideally visit next in your educational journey isn't a poor idea, it'd certianly help achieve minimal standards of education as much as ensure each course taken is actually a progression.