Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 15:19 UTC

Teachers and Qualifications  

So besides discussing what students should learn I want to bring up who exactly would teach them and what qualifications they should posses in order to do so.

One of the main things I wonder is should teachers not only possess some experience in the classroom during studying, but also experience outside the classroom in a career that utilizes the topics they would be teaching even if it is only a few months.

I found that utilizing what I learnt in school in every-day situations made what I learned stick easier, helped me understand how it applied to the real world, and ultimately help me understand the subject better than just reading and writing about it in class.

Anyway look forward to see everyone responses, especially those who are teachers themselves

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 16:22 UTC

Ideally, those within our number that are teachers, or have teaching experiences or are otherwise suitably qualified are suited for fullfilling such roles. People experienced in the subject should be able to assist in composition of course materials, minimally.

Experience tends to trump acedemic theory, so it's not a poor idea to have experience in fields relevant - But I don't think this should be required, at least for all subjects. Many "learn by doing" easiest. Where possible, courses should contain as much practical/physical implimentation/testing of principles covered by the course as would make sense for the subject in question.

I don't think any particular course should specifically focus on any particular medium or method when it comes to imparting educational information - a range should be offered such that the student is able to select for themselves which it is that they will meld with the easiest.

Updated  on Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 16:24 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times
Reason: Additional data, typo, another typo -=- One day I'll learn to proof.

Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 10:56 UTC

Will there be a body within MYE that will be responsible for teacher qualification?

Perhaps recognizing the qualifications from other jurisdictions with conditions, for example instruction of a course under the supervision of the Asgardian regulation body.

Sep 21, 17 / Sco 12, 01 03:25 UTC

As a asgardian i am creating a software for all asgardians and people of   earth to bring free education and qualifications to all to can see  more  about this on my blog page here at asgardia.space

Jan 8, 19 / Aqu 08, 03 21:21 UTC

Other then science positions what other jobs will be needed, does anyone know? Like possibly police force,military or even security?