New and different united language with different approach

Total number of votes: 2

100% YES

0% NO

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 13:15 UTC

"The Arrival" - alien's language: only a game or a solid concept?  

Hey guys, so, i'm not sure if you have already seen the movie, but the concept of alien's language represented by circles and stuff is really interesting. What do you guys think? should we move towards this kinda thing in language to make an Asgardian united language for all the languages in the future?

Last edited by:  Jimmy X Rose (Asgardian)  on Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 13:16 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 14:08 UTC

It is my belief that language will grow organically from our experiences. I see no reason to go inventing things until a situation comes up that requires us to invent words to describe the experiences.

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 15:20 UTC

the concept is definitely intriguing. One point to make about it, that form of communication is not vocal which means even people who are not able to hear, would be able to communicate using this technique. But walking around with a bunch of smoke would not be practical. I'm sure there is a solution tho somewhere.

Aug 22, 17 / Lib 10, 01 19:01 UTC

The language in the movie has a connection with the ability of the aliens to manipulate time.their language is automatically made of their uniqueness. So the human languages too would evolve in the future to fit in with the evolving needs and abilities of the humans. It won't necessarily have to be forced, if the need arise there will be a language,not to mention that the language may have a dependency on the nature it's being evolved . The contained nature in the space and any unforseen scenarios would lead to a birth of another language. Currently the global lingua franca 'English' would suffice.