Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 02:34 UTC

Re: clubs/embassies  

A club is a nice idea, but can´t stand as an embassy in the long term. why? Because ambassadors must be named not by elections inside a club, where their will be rivalries, political tendencies,...

ambassadors MUST be neutrals, and by so named by the central government. The local club may work as the support for ambassadors, but I would advocate that an AMBASSADOR MUST NOT BE A NATIONAL OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH HE IS AMBASSADOR.

Doing the contrary will act against us for international recognition, in the future giving us diplomatic rights, etc...

So clubs to help future embassies yes, but CLUBS WHOSE MEMBERS PLANNED TO BECOME AMBASSADOR IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY NO.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 16:39 UTC

We should do what the real Canadian government does when it comes to ambassador positions: we send a list of nominees on the local level to be approved by the actual Asgardian government. If the government of Asgardia and government of Canada both agree, then we have our Canada / Asgardia ambassador. We have to remember that whatever our feelings regarding Earth politics. we have to follow Canadian laws as long as we're operating on Canadian soil.

As far as a club is concerned, I'm excited for the idea and I hope we can establish some sort of club. It probably will be near Ottawa, in which case I can be there in person :)

Last edited by:  Shawn Crawford (Asgardian)  on Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 16:40 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 25, 16 / Cap 24, 00 23:31 UTC

Before designating embassies we need to establish the process of election for the embassador and a system that will handle burocracy. Then we can talk about the way to implement such system in the designated areas.I believe the first question is how will this system be? Then who can be named embassador?

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 03:14 UTC

Or you could just meet up for your own social interactions, and discuss things that would impact Asgardians here where all are able to join into the discussion.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 17:02 UTC

Easy way to be recognise by the U.N. is try and buy an Island where there are a lot up for sale around the world .Yes we will need a asgardiaing land base

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 17:55 UTC

Hey all! Rebekah here!

It's wonderful that so many people want to start coming together. I would suggest checking the regions under the Ministry of Citizenship to see if there is a subforum for your area of the globe. If so, there is more than likely a chapter already formed for you to join and can volunteer to help organizing. If not and you have previous chapter/club experience and time to commit to setting up and running a chapter then please email you CV to adminteam@asgardia.space

Great job everyone! Let's build this nation together!

Kind regards, Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 18:28 UTC

I agree with SirCedric's comment on 23 December 2016, 2:34 a.m.