Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 19:43 UTC

clubs/embassies  

Just to start off what does everyone think about each nation trying to start a club in they're respective regions of the world with the view of eventually becoming an asgardian embassy . The reason I say this is the club could act like an embassy just not official seems we have no recognition yet and in this way build up work experience and iron out any problems for when we do become official

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 20:06 UTC

I think we should, for example there are around 5000 Asgardians in Argentina , my country, clubs should be virtual perhaps in the beginning so that each one has access without minding the distance between each other until Asgardia is official so then create an official physical asgardian embassy in the national Capitol such as Buenos Aires

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 20:47 UTC

I like the idea, but on the other hand, if a virtual/digital club is intended, why not just use the national chapter on this forum?

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 21:50 UTC

I believe that embassies, consulates, and other institutions relating to foreign affairs should first be "designed" by the ministry of foreign affairs and then implemented. Otherwise we will have 200 different takes on what an embassy is and risk portraying a disorganized facade. Embassies would play no particular role at the moment either so I don't think we should rush it.

Ofcourse nothing prevents citizens from initiating any kind of club or special interests group. I just don't think we should associate any such groups with embassies yet.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:19 UTC

I was suggesting a physical club/embassy in eachcountry and as for a format for the club/embassy were already working on it. its a bit off yet but in progress.

Last edited by:  ian hackett (Asgardian)  on Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:22 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:21 UTC

I was suggesting a physical club/embassy in each country and as for a format for the club/embassy were already working on it. its a bit off yet but in progress .

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:26 UTC

Also the club/embassy would be unofficial as to just give members a place to call to instead of just online, give people that physical aspect and also help build a little experience before we do get recognised to people well then have experienced staff in the embassy to deal with

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 16:15 UTC

I Want To Create In Turkey I am Turk Fluent Turkish,German and English I know If You Allow I Would Like To Establish A Temporary Representative Office In Istanbul

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 16:26 UTC

I really like the idea. Creating an unofficial physical place to call, could create the feeling of the nation itself.

Being some kind of club, could be also a great opportunity to gather and see other members.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 16:47 UTC

I Am Setting Up A Representative Office In Turkey

-informal-

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 16:49 UTC

If you'd want to start a "club" - try reddit, or facebook. Else as previously suggested, what you're talking about sounds alarmingly like the regional "chapters" for which there is a suitable section on this forum. Possibly the "off-topic" or "general discussion" area might also be suitable.

Traditionally, Embassies are hosted in the capital city of the hosting nation, and form the "head offices" of diplomatic missions. They are very much official. The obvious problem here is gaining permission to establish an embassy - something that is expected to be easier once the UN recognises us officially as a nation, although not assured on a nation-by-nation basis.

Outside of the nations capital, it's common to additionally have "consulates" - these are more akin to "regional offices" and typically deal with individual persons and businesses - and represent the most commonly used service. The barriers to establishing an embassy are equal to that of establishing a consulate, but if you can score one the other is pretty much assured.

An unofficial physical place - despite being practically useless - could be easily be established. If you don't want to stick a sign in your front yard and have hoards of people trapsing thorugh your house, rent out a town hall or similar facilities.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 16:57 UTC

Only One Occurrence Are Not A Formal Representative Office

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 19:15 UTC

I like the idea of having a virtual space, however that does not give you the human feel. It could be combined with a club of sorts, it could be anything from an apartment to a mansion, until recognition and approval from the Asgardian state it will not act as an official embassy or consulate but more as a gathering place of Asgardians. It should be actively looking to bring together different professionals from all walks of life, most specifically from the law and accounting professions. This will serve to give unofficial and free to it's citizens legal and financial advice, which in turn will help the recruitment drives to our nation. Actively recruiting these people will also serve in the establishment of a semi professional diplomatic team that will be able to assume official legal duties once recognition has been granted. On a lesser but still important thought, the congregation of these professional individuals might serve as a good starting capital base for the acquisition of a larger place and the purchase of the land for the establishment of an official Asgardia Embassy.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 19:25 UTC

I should also say that I am in southern Ontario Canada, I am not in Ottawa where Ideally the Embassy would be, but that wouldn't be too hard for me to accomplish

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 02:34 UTC

A club is a nice idea, but can´t stand as an embassy in the long term. why? Because ambassadors must be named not by elections inside a club, where their will be rivalries, political tendencies,...

ambassadors MUST be neutrals, and by so named by the central government. The local club may work as the support for ambassadors, but I would advocate that an AMBASSADOR MUST NOT BE A NATIONAL OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH HE IS AMBASSADOR.

Doing the contrary will act against us for international recognition, in the future giving us diplomatic rights, etc...

So clubs to help future embassies yes, but CLUBS WHOSE MEMBERS PLANNED TO BECOME AMBASSADOR IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY NO.