Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 13:38 UTC

Diplomacy, Ambassadors and Diplomats  

When dealing with other countries, it is always important to have ambassadors and diplomatic staff, or at least diplomats of some kind, to work with those countries on behalf of your own. These individuals should be ones who are well-spoken, hold themselves to a code of honor, treat others and themselves with respect, are intelligent and care for all of the people of their country, not just a few wealthy elites. They should be ones who understand what their country needs and how to work with others even if those others may potentially hostile, openly or otherwise, to them or the country they represent. And, above all, they should be flexible and open-minded when working with people in general. An individual in such a position must not be someone with hard-line attitudes or cut in stone views of the world. This can hinder working with others because it puts blinders on a person. Prevents them from entertaining thoughts from another's point of view and prevents the ability to move forward by causing a "road block" as it were, of uncompromising attitudes.

With this in mind, I would like to ask how our diplomatic staff and ambassadors will be chosen.  I would like to offer my own services in this field if I may.  While it is minor, I do have some experience in politics and I've had to bring together groups that have, from time to time, been at odds with each other.  While it was a photographer and doing video work, I did work with different political groups during my internship in college.   I'm quite aware of what this kind of work entails and what it would require of an individual.  I'm also very much capable of handling such a task quite effectively.   What I would bring to such a spot would be intelligence, the willingness to listen to others and learn from them, but also being able to think quickly and critically of a situation.   To be able to listen to all sides, all views of a subject, picking them apart to find the common theme and then use that to work with everyone equally.  

But, of course, this is but an offer.  I remember when Asgardia was just starting out and had only a few thousand people signed up for it.  I've watched it begin to grow and flourish and I'm very proud of everything that everyone has accomplished.  I would love a chance to help continue that growth and ensure we are not forgotten.

Jun 8, 17 / Can 19, 01 22:00 UTC

@EduardPolinarev Asgardia is not yet recognized as a nation. Therefore we do not currently have Embassies, Ambassadors nor Diplomats. As Asgardia progresses these positions will be filled as the need arises. If you have any other questions let us know. 

*Note* This translation was made by Google Translate. Please make sure when using the forums to copy/paste the English translation below your comment in your native language. This ensures that members interested in reading your post are able to understand it. Thank you for understanding.

Jul 24, 17 / Vir 09, 01 17:22 UTC

Since I am interested in making a good first step once Asgardia is recognized as a nation, I truly believe that filling positions when needed is the wrong approach in order to be ready and successful.

I propose to have positions filled and teams built before we are recognized as a nation because A NATION NEEDS STRONG FOREIGN RELATIONSHIPS from day oneThis can not be achieved if positions and teams are rushed into office.

Any additional thoughts?