Jan 7, 17 / Aqu 07, 01 01:58 UTC

emergency medical services  

I'm emergency medical services . i will serve people there. right now, I'm studying some thing different to improve serve there.

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 10:16 UTC

Everyone thanks you and all but, Asgardia would need to rely on Earth based hospitals for medical emergencies (initially that is).

Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 16:14 UTC

I'm a volunteer medical first responder (US EMT 2 equivalent-ish) instructor right now (as well). Assuming we're not going to space any time soon, this forum might be better suited for policy, practice and "what if" discussions.

A lot of my input will be from a first responder perspective, but we will have a need for an on-board hospital if we are truly to be self-sufficient.

Some areas that will need development are what to do in low/zero gravity emergencies, how to work in potential zero gravity, how to respond to moments of zero gravity (say hypothetically if a hospital momentarily lost their "grav plating"), and other issues as we become more experienced in working in space.

Personally I'd love for all citizens to have taken a "standard first aid & CPR" course, and for AED's to be publicly accessible throughout the station.

Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 18:39 UTC

Coincido con Jarod997

Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 00:58 UTC

I manage an IT emergency operation center that takes an all hazards approach, I've had advance training in first aid, I'm a Civilian Emergency Response Team (CERT) member, and I keep my CPR AED training current.  My focus is from that perspective.

While we do not currently have a population in space, we need to develop an environment in which all Asgardians embrace a standardized level of situational awareness, crisis management, emergency first aid, and other necessary skills with a will to use them whenever they are needed.  This should be done regardless of the environment that an Asgardian finds themselves in.  With this in place, everyone becomes alert with a common framework of skills necessary to respond to whatever is thrown at them. Additional skill sets would be added based upon environment.

Last edited by:  Rognvaldr Tyrsman (Asgardian)  on Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 00:59 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Oct 3, 18 / Sco 24, 02 09:16 UTC

The U.S. emergency medical services (EMS) products market expected to touch USD 15.09 billion by 2025, according to a fresh report by Grand View Research, Inc., showing a CAGR of 7.2% during the projection period. Growing demand for emergency care, mounting cases of trauma, and rising healthcare spending are the key factors mounting the development of the market.

Additional Important Discoveries from the Study Advocate:

1) Life support & emergency resuscitation merchandises accounted for the major share in 2016 owing to their requisite in most of the emergency medical cases.

2) Based on end use, Fire department represented the prime share in 2016 as they are typically the first responders and act casualties at accident sites.

3) Major players of the market include Bound Tree Medical; McKesson Medical-Surgical, Inc.; Henry Schein, Inc.; Medline Industries, Inc.; Stryker Corporation; Smiths Medical; Cardinal Health; and Penn Care Inc.

Nov 23, 18 / Sag 19, 02 19:02 UTC

i'm emergency medical rescue services (EMRS)in fire department,practicing in life support & emergency resuscitation.I'm also a volunteer in Malaysian Red Crescent,smoke jumpers medical team/skydiver+medicman.As well as we knows there are too much dangerous situations in our days.Everyone could be alert about that and should be learns how to handle it with a cure of sense. My dreams in the future,beyond of the Asgardians regularly using high medical knowledge for days purpose use.

Last edited by:  Mariya Kudryavtseva (Asgardian, Member of the Parliament)  on Nov 25, 18 / Sag 21, 02 06:42 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times