Jan 19, 17 / Aqu 19, 01 23:40 UTC

Architecture  

Construction is also about architecture. As an architect, I wonder about the future of the architecture department.

Last edited by:  Aylin Sener (Asgardian)  on Jan 19, 17 / Aqu 19, 01 23:43 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 29, 17 / Pis 01, 01 14:55 UTC

hi i agree with you, this is my aproach, Bio-Laboratory aimed to study how to colonize outer space. / multidisciplinary research

Hello asgardia admins, i wish this post removed, thanks for your help

https://comingplanet.com/2016/07/03/post-apocalyptic-architecture/

Last edited by:  Vladimir Perez (Asgardian)  on Mar 14, 17 / Ari 17, 01 17:29 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 1, 17 / Pis 04, 01 12:56 UTC

One of the more novel concepts I've seen in recent years concerning "architechture" is research by Rachel Armstrong into the likes of "living architecture". By the fabrication of "protocells" she's already got Venice partially self-repairing as a consequence to growing stone around the pillars holding up the buildings - capillary action on the protocells in the water draw them up into the buildings brickworks, where they begin to react, calcify and repair cracks in the stonework.

Based loosely on the same technology that snails use to grow their shells, it opens up possibilites for architecture that's not just "living" but is in symbiosis with it's occupants. The act of being lived in fuels it all it requires to self repair. Engineered "correctly" this could grow itself, and not only self repair, but it's potentially possible to have it upgrade/downgrade itself as needs must. Have another child? someone else move in? in six weeks time the house'll grow another room.

Perfecting this technology would also potentially open up for "living spacecraft" - in symbiosis with it's crew, it keeps them alive shielding them from the harshness of space(with bonus like self-repairing hull, self expanding to meet requirements, potentially even life support can be engineered in) and they keep it "alive"(it's not actually living, it's just borrowing the same physical/chemical reactions/principles, complex chains of simple protocells) feeding it all it needs to do so.

Updated  on Feb 1, 17 / Pis 04, 01 12:58 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo