Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 18:32 UTC

Re: Asgardia - Space Station  

@Phicksur
It seems obvious the administration thinks that, "with time", going into space will cost like a RyanAir ticket from Berlin to London, or even less... well... maybe into 2-300 years: we can't say, at now, they're wrong.

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 18:40 UTC

Well, as we've been discussing elsewhere, there are many other ways of getting into space in theory, each with pros and cons, but the feasibility of getting everyone into space in the next couple of decades just isn't there. Not only do the funds and technology not exist (which, I know, we've been talking about too), there is also not the international will to so do.

BRG

Updated  on Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 18:40 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 18:57 UTC

@Phicksur
Ok, but don't forget Dr. Ashurbeyli is a billionaire.

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 19:17 UTC

Полостью согласен со всеми. Для начала необходимо создать детальную концепцию космической станции. Выслушать мнение всех.   

I agree with everyone with a cavity. To begin with, it is necessary to create a detailed concept of the space station. Listen to the opinions of all

Admin Edit: English translation provided by Google Translate - Jason Rainbow 7 June 2017 @ 07:40 UTC

Last edited by:  Jason Rainbow (Global Admin, Global Mod, Asgardian)  on Jul 7, 17 / Leo 20, 01 07:39 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Providing English Translation

Jul 7, 17 / Leo 20, 01 16:59 UTC

The general population would need months and months of training on how to live amd work in space. Its not going to be cheap, but very expensive. Asgardia would need to build a training center on earth much like NASA or the Russians have in order to train the population. 

The leadershio needs to think about that as well nd to begin to make plans for it. Otherwise nothing will happen with this.

Jul 7, 17 / Leo 20, 01 17:05 UTC

When you build the first stages if the Station its brand new, when the very last piece is put into place, its now time to replace the first pieces of the station that were put into place. It would be old and run down by the time its completed. So a constant renewal of Station parts or new technology (not yet invented) would need to come into play.

The cost of the station would be carried by investors over generations. As newer techmologies come up, the costs will go down eventually. The major firm that is picked to do the design and eventual construction will get the major components created amd installed. the subsystems will need to be created by smaller firms or individuals. this is an oppertunity for us Engineers amd inventors to get our ideas out there. 

Its going to be expensive and take generations to complete. but its a start. 

Last edited by:  David Shahal (Asgardian)  on Jul 7, 17 / Leo 20, 01 20:43 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jul 8, 17 / Leo 21, 01 14:54 UTC

From the FAQ (Frequently asked questions) page on this site:

When will we go to space?

We expect that it will happen within the next decade. The first human flight to the Asgardia platform should be available in eight years.

I wonder if they already have the plans for building this Asgardia Platform and who are the ones going to build it and launch it into space? I know the founder is very wealthy and has his own company, planning has begun a year before announcing Asgardia to the public and Asgardia has been a solid foundation in the Founders Mind since he was young. So I think, this answers a few questions of mine but has opened up a few more.

Jul 9, 17 / Leo 22, 01 00:53 UTC

We are in the very beginnig og Asgardia, wich is the first space nation with a head of a nation, with a constitution in proceses of vote, we have no goverment, no ministery, only a forum.

We need to.establish the nation, the goverment, the society first, what resources have Asgardia?

After.that we can put goals in order. Before.that will be only talking what we are doing.

My little knowldegd and will is offer to.design this proyect, to order the political and society structures.

Jul 13, 17 / Leo 26, 01 21:28 UTC

Lets use a NASA method. Start with the final goal and work backwards. 

I see the final goal of an arcology with hundreds of thousands. 

Is it on a space body for easier resource gathering or will our drone fleet [another discussion] travel? Propulsion?

Hydroponics and food? A control centre will be essential. [brackets are possible processes below]

Can we see development of salvage processes to the degree that our used [tons] of debris can be collected from smallest [particle collectors used] to largest [solar sail orbit stabilization/movement] ? In not using the usual suspects [rockets defying gravity] we can keep it cheap and possibly faster.

Research examples; Tracking needs to be developed such that we can actually do the processes above [being worked on, various salvage projects and asteroid tracking around the world, different nations, use the web to access ideas] as does the propulsion systems, drones, etc [see web, much info on development of these]. More research on medical changes in humans in space. (DNA telomeres elongate, why?) 

Acceptance of the Nation among the nations of Earth would go a long way to  getting us help so we can help them. 

Getting ourselves organized will have to occur sooner than later

More volunteers of new ideas for the above processes, some economy [ebay type or e store]

Ratify the Constitution then vote on amendments [process currently in play]

My reply to your post is complete, please go up for the processes I outline, they are however not exhaustive, but an outline. Thanks

Last edited by:  Tselin Nyai (Asgardian)  on Jul 14, 17 / Leo 27, 01 07:36 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jul 14, 17 / Leo 27, 01 14:14 UTC

@Tse Lin Nyai, you have great ideas. I think these are best suited for smaller or even larger companies that Asgardians can create. Can either be done here on earth in our respective countries or if/when the Space Platforms can house human life. These companies and research organizations can be used today to help the Billions of People around the world. 

Asgardia is viewed as a place of human realization. A place where we are free to explore our creative sides without judgement, without government intervention. A place of Hope really. We all can benefit from forward thinking. We need people to come together to not only think of ideas like yours, but to build upon them and bring them to reality.

Jul 15, 17 / Vir 00, 01 12:29 UTC

With today's level of technology is not possible to build a space station in the Earth's orbit capable to accommodate large number of people, especially to provide them with full-fledged living conditions. Now we can only outline the general concept of such a station, discuss its parameters and listen to the wishes of everyone, how they would like to see his home in outer space. I do not think that people want to live in a small capsule hotel in the cold space limiting yourself to everything that is available to them on Earth without problems.

Jul 16, 17 / Vir 01, 01 05:08 UTC

@Foxs67, you are correct. However, we can make a difference by creating new technologies and scientific thinking. We humans are a creative bunch whohave created many wonderful things. I am not counting in my lifetime to be living in space. But I can design new technology and hopefully that technology can and will bring is closer to bringing thousands of humans into space, living on Space Stations and the like. 

Jul 22, 17 / Vir 07, 01 18:48 UTC

I wonder if such a big space station may be useful or not in the long run. I mean, a space station in LEO is easy to reach but it's too expensive to build, with no purpose other than science research. I think that a lunar colony would be better. At least you can take advantage of all natural resources on the lunar surface, with a huge economical benefits.

Jul 23, 17 / Vir 08, 01 23:04 UTC

Well, with the amount of people gathered that are involved in Asgardia there are many more people than those that you may work with. If even half of Asgardians helped to make the station possible it could be created relatively shortly. The more minds, the better. The more funding, the better. Remember, if you are an Asgardian do all that you can humanly possible to make this project come to life. We cant afford to be lazy at times of great innovation. We must persist and innovate! 

Jul 23, 17 / Vir 08, 01 23:07 UTC

Hopefully we can become organized enough to create more technological wonders and build up Asgardia.