Nov 24, 17 / Sag 20, 01 21:49 UTC

Gravitational Waves  

Good evening.

What about building an asgardian laser interferometer in space? 

Nov 24, 17 / Sag 20, 01 22:21 UTC

I agree that having a third gravitational wave detector would be helpful, it would also be costly and fairly useless in space, the way that LIGO's work is because of their relative position, (that being on earth and not moving toward or away from each other). Having a third one in space wouldn't help all too much and would be a waste of money.

Now, because my psychic powers are godsent, i can already feel the argument of having a second detector on the opposite side of the orbit. Unless the orbit is an exact circle, (which i doubt we can do), and unless the orbits are exact, (which i doubt we can do), and unless they are on the exact opposite side of the orbit, (which i doubt we can do), then our results would be useless.

There is also the massive problem that the mirrors involved hang on strings, that depends on gravity, we don't have that in space.

Nov 25, 17 / Sag 21, 01 04:56 UTC

If I remember correctly from the class I took, LIGOs must be underground to limit interference.

Nov 27, 17 / Sag 23, 01 17:29 UTC

In space we could use more kilometers than on earth so we could have more interesting results. The deformation of space is a little percentual of the distance from the lasers and mirrors, like 1*10^-20 mts per km.

I saw the LISA's project, i think that could be usefull 

Christina Cole: what about earthquake interferences?

Last edited by:  Francesco Silvan (Asgardian, Candidate)  on Nov 27, 17 / Sag 23, 01 17:31 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time