Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 04:40 UTC

Thoughts about building a space elevator  

As the topic above mentions, speak your mind.

Last edited by:  Steven Frampton (Asgardian)  on Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 11:24 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 19:25 UTC

How is any kind Thoughts. Its building too bulding ? Or it's another place.....?Different places, different beautiful designs, different style.

Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 14:06 UTC

first there is need of new materials, that are capable to reach such heights. i personally think or better hope it won't take more than 100 years till we got one

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 20:00 UTC

I read about this two weeks ago. It's a new material found at MIT that is stronger than graphene.

https://futurism.com/mit-unveils-new-material-thats-strongest-and-lightest-on-earth/

The next big decision we will need to make is do we build up into space or build down from space? Each has it's own hurdles, but if some of the proposed missions to mine asteroids are successful then the task of getting raw materials into space could be solved.

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 23:06 UTC

Before attempting construction on Earth, it might be worthwhile to construct one on the moon first. Of course, we'd need to construct a moon base of operations in order to even construct a moon-space elevator, but the project would have plenty of advantages on a lunar scale, compared to the Earth project. The gravity, for one, is much less making a project of this scope much easier.