Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 09:55 UTC

Add Kosovo to the list of countries  

Hi there, I have just joined Asgardia and would like to ask the administrator of the website to add Kosovo in the list of countries. I come from Kosovo, but chose Albania as my country (as basically I am Kosovo Albanian myself). I am not sure how many Kosovars have already joined Asgardia, and there is no way to know that.

Thanks, R.

Mar 19, 17 / Ari 22, 01 20:15 UTC

I think this is a good idea. By including Kosovo in that list we are effectively declaring we do recognise this as a country, unoffically.

Kosovo being one of those nations who are in dispute by some of being a nation can be advantagous to us. Consider the "messages" sent by Dr. Ashurbeyli to "other world leaders" - He should send one to Hashim Thaçi.

They should understand the undesireability of lacking recognition, especially in the early formation stages, and this may reverberate on a personal level building a common ground of understaning that will lead to them recognising us as a nation - I suspect the hardest part of gaining recognition to be getting the first to acknowlege and I equally suspect that those who have struggled to gain recognition would be most sympathetic to our cause. Especially if the recognition goes two way and then should we gain a seat in the UN that'd be 119 » 120.

Updated  on Mar 19, 17 / Ari 22, 01 20:16 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 14:39 UTC

Hello!

As Kosovo is on the list of states recognized by the United Nations and is on their official list we can certainly add it to the forum.

Please let me know which region section it should be located in to ensure it's not misplaced.

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 15:33 UTC

I believe it may be located in the "balklands area of Europe", suggesting https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/europe-42/ to be a suitable placeholder.

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 15:44 UTC

Hi!

Thanks EyeR!

Rook, is he correct? I really don't want to misplace it and offend anyone.

Thenks! Rebekah

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:50 UTC

I support request that Kosovo is the country and should be there named as a country. Otherwise there is no other country they belong,

Thank you! Dragan