Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 22:53 UTC

Admin and Moderator Tools - Merging Threads  

I'm not sure what the powers of the admins/moderators are, but they should definitely have the power to merge threads. All the PHP-based forums have that ability, but I don't know exactly which software you're using so I can't say. I know it's Python, but I don't know which specific program it is. I really don't understand why you didn't go with a PHP based software that already had the functionality needed, but that's beside the point.

One of the biggest pet peeves of the Facebook groups was the constant repeats of the same subject over and over. This needs to be avoided in the forum and with thread merge you don't need to have multiple threads on the same subject. Just closing down multiple threads or posting cross-links still creates a rat's nest to deal with.

Caycee

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 09:31 UTC

Done Thanks for sharing. We are gathering a list of suggestions and ideas from this forum in order to see what options our users would like to see. This is just a basic forum in order to get things running for now. We will be making improvements according to the input on this board.