Should the age limit for Parliment be lowered to 25?

Total number of votes: 5

40% Yes

60% No

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 18:30 UTC

Age Limit to Run for Office  

I apologize if this is in the wrong area, but I could find no other means of getting this out there besides petitions. Anyway, I truly believe the minimum ages that are in place are not a good thing. They should be much lower. I understand some minimum is needed since we need people with a certain amount of experience and maturity, but I believe that number should be 25. One of the big problems with current governments on Earth is that older people become entrenched, and then their older ideologies gum up the social works while they are in office. Societies evolve over time, especially as new tech emerges. This means that to combat this issue we need a broader range of age in order to provide a more accurate cross section of humanity in our government. Now I am not saying we allow teenagers access to government positions. But by age 25 you have more likely than not had a certain amount of life experience; as a military veteran I have met plenty of 25 year olds who would do great in government. This larger cross section would help prevent a slow down of social evolution by allowing younger generations a platform in which to push new ideas and ways of life. We need to amend the Consitution before we finish elections for Parliment in order to reflect this. Who is with me?

Jun 27, 17 / Leo 10, 01 00:32 UTC

Absolutely! Age limits are great but not when they are so high for lower positions. Asgardia is for the future thus the young need to build their own path.