Apr 6, 17 / Tau 12, 01 15:27 UTC

All media broken  

Dear mods,

It appears that all media attached to posts in the forum are broken. Everything was working fine yesterday.

Would it be possible to get IT to look at this issue?

Apr 6, 17 / Tau 12, 01 15:30 UTC

@Yovy, try clearing out your cookies, and refreshing the page. I just checked and was able to access the media links. Let us know if it keeps happening. I have advised our other Admins of a possible issue.

Thanks,

Leo

Apr 6, 17 / Tau 12, 01 15:35 UTC

Thank you so much, mod Leo.  I tried it with two different browsers and the media is still broken for me.  It may be my computer - I don't really know.  Not even the new formatting menu is working for me.

Apr 6, 17 / Tau 12, 01 15:40 UTC

I hear you, Yovy, try enabling cookies for the site. Also, a couple tips, (I am a Network Admin in my day job)...with Internet Explorer, try adding the site to 'compatability view' settings, and see if that helps. What two different browsers are you trying in? 

Leo

Apr 6, 17 / Tau 12, 01 15:43 UTC

Safari (which is definitely incompatible) and Chrome. I could try FireFox if it would help, but I really don't like it.

Apr 6, 17 / Tau 12, 01 15:44 UTC

I don't know if this helps but I use chrome and no issues so far

Apr 6, 17 / Tau 12, 01 15:47 UTC

yes, for Chrome it will prompt you to enable cookies. If not, restart the app and go back through the website. I just verified it worked, but it also prompted me again for the cookies.

Apr 6, 17 / Tau 12, 01 21:21 UTC

Thanks for letting me know. I believe they are doing some work on the server backend today. There's been a few things going on, and we have advised Official IT. If I find anything new out, I'll let you know.

Thanks, Leo.