Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 18:19 UTC

Asgardia Defenceless In space From Adversaries  

Hi

Here's My Concerns About Asgardia's Presence in Space - Were Defenceless & Vulnerable to Potential Enemy Attack; Terrorists, Rough Nations - & Any other Entity who Engages in a Military/Tactical Strike Against Asgardian Space Assets!!

Here is what I have to say on this pressing Issue for Asgardia on Defence!!

It is Prudent that Asgardia not only Defend Against Astroids & Space Junk, but Inevitably New Threats will Arise & Asgardia Has to Have  Forsight of Future Threats - like Rough Nations & Terrorists to Various forms of Alien Threats: Microbial to Hostile Intelligent Aliens!m - and to properly Vanquish the Threats. To Do that Asgardia needs to start Implementing the Defensive Infastructure Now!!   

"I Strongly Recommend & Believe that Asgardia should have an "Asgardian" Defence Force in Space with Defensive Assets (Millitary Satellites/Space Stations & Spacecraft (Manned/Unmanned)) with Defensive/Offensive Weapon Systems in Space to Defend Asgardian Satellites, Space-stations & Bases - From Potential Adversaries . 

I am Again strongly Recommending that Asgardia to be Implementing these Defensive Measures ASAP".

Jay Johnston

Asgardian Citizen

Thanks

Last edited by:  Jay Johnston (Asgardian)  on Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 18:30 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 03:57 UTC

Unfortunately international space law prohibits any nation from having weapons of any kind in space so what you are suggesting would instantly void any chance of UN recognition and could also place any Asgardia citizen in trouble for it.  This is the reason Asgardia can not have a military or police force or prisons until they have their own "land" on Earth or in Space that is recognized as an independent nation.

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 09:59 UTC

Concerns About Asgardia's Future - Forever Defenceless In Space & Abroad!!!!

Will Asgardia be Forever Defensless & Vurnerable On Air/Water/Land/Space & Abroad, as long as International UN Space Law Prohibits Any Type of Weapons in space, & As Long As that Asgardia Doesn't Have UN Recognition. I Believe that Asgardians Should (When Asgardia is Reconized by the UN) Lobby the UN to Repeal the International UN Space Law - to Bolster Asgardian Defences in Space & Abroad. 

If Asgardia Isn't Able to Have Any Type of Defensive Infrastructure in Space & Abroad - Asgardia & the Earth Will Be Vulnerable from Terrorist/Rough Nation Attacks & Potential Astroid/Space Junk Impacts on Earth & Asgardian Non Millitary Assests in Space. Is there Any Type of Legal Loop Holes that Asgardia Could Exploit to Circumvent International UN Space Law to Set Up Defensive Space Infastructure in Space & Abroad. 

So Does that Mean When the UN Finally Reconizes Asgardia as a Nation, Asgardia will be able to have a Military, Police, Security Force, & Possible Defensive Assests in Space & Abroad.  

Last edited by:  Jay Johnston (Asgardian)  on Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 10:03 UTC, Total number of edits: 4 times

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 16:26 UTC

There ARE no assets in space yet. I think you are too early with your doomsday prediction.

Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 19:08 UTC

While this is a concern for future. There is a question on how to protect Earth from threats coming from space. There would have to be lasers or rockets to deflect asteroids.

Personally I see a future space force as a UN like peacekeeping force. Plus...there would need to be some sort of law enforcement officers.  In the future,  space law may need to be amended to reflect protection of the planet.  Not something I need to be concerned with at this point. When we have a physical presence in space, then this should be revisited.

~Tal