Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 17:55 UTC

Asgardia Language  

Hello everybody

I have a suggestion

I support Asgardia so much

And I suggest this we develop a traditional language for Asgardia :)

I see Asgardia is great and it deserves we develop one simple language 

We can start here select new vocabularies from all of current languages

I hope it is great idea

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 01:21 UTC

@ahmedshams developing a language from scratch is extremely difficult and usually unnecessary as communities generally develop their own naturally.  As the community interacts more and more certain words, phrases, and spelling will come about on its own.  Online gaming communities are a great example of this in recent history with terms like pwn, noob, IRL, ect.  Another and more related example would be the difference between American English vs British English.  Both are English but due to a large amount of Native Languages and immigration from all over the world American English contains words from Arabic, Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Indigenous Tribes, ect. that are not in British English (Same for Brazilian Portugeuse and South American Spanish) and will most likely end up the case with Asgardian Language (especially starting with 12 official languages.)  I do like the idea of 1 unique Asgardian language but it is my opinion that it would be better to let it develop naturally and not try to create one from scratch.  However I do think that if you want a word to be part of the future language you should use it and try to get other people to use it more as word fads are part of natural language development.

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 06:32 UTC

Thanks Tempus

What I meant is we can create a new language like "Esperanto"

I have created Facebook about 2 years ago before I hear about Asgardia

My page name is the united world 

I was planning to start a worldwide revolution to make the the world be united world for one united world , no wars , don't waste the earth resources to make weapons to destroy the others , etc , I know it seems impossible

But Asgardia has some of my principles that's why I joined Asgardia

I would help as I can to make our dream becomes real

Last edited by:  Ahmed Shams Ibrahim (Asgardian)  on Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 06:37 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 11:37 UTC

Constitution of the kingdom of ASGARDIA    Chapter 7. Structure   Article 27. Language  

5. ASGARDIA shall strive towards a single Asgardian language in the future.

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 16:33 UTC

We can use Quenya. It will be fair.