I have 7 suggestions to amend the recently announced proposal guide.

1) In the first page in "Proposal Formatting", you state that acceptable submission formats for stand-alone materials are .DOC/.DOCX files. As these are Microsoft-owned formats which are not held to a fixed standard this may present problems in the future. The underlying format of .DOCX files, in particular, raises concern for the development of future tools which may need to scan files. A suggested replacement file type would be the Open Document Format (ODF), or .ODT file type. As an ISO International Standard format for office documents, it is likely to have far fewer issues in the future. It is also possible to save in this standard format using most text document editors, including Microsoft Office Word.

2) In the footer of the first page, "...in January, 2107 for non-commercial..." should instead use the year 2017. I am assuming this to be a typo.

3) In the second page, "...that highlights the both the community ..." should instead be "...that highlights both the community...". Usage of the 'the' before both feels like a grammatical error.

4) In the third page, "Describe why it is needed, what problems it resolves..." should instead be, "Describes why it is needed, what problems it resolves...". Again, feels like a grammar error.

5) In the third page, "Describe at least three possible solutions that can be pursued?" should instead be, "Describe at least three possible solutions that can be pursued." It is a statement, not a question.

6) In the fourth page, "...teleconferences, etc.). ." should not have a second full stop at the end. I am assuming it to be a typo.

7) In the fourth page, "Key participants" should have a full stop at the end. I am assuming it to be a typo.