Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 17:14 UTC

Different User Level Display  

Currently, the user level is displayed next to the user's name with a specific color. I think this takes unnecessary space and just clutters the screen.

What should be done, in my opinion, is just have the user's name colored. For example, in my case, I have a blue "Translator" next to my name. Instead, my name itself should be blue and "Translator" should not appear (only on my profile and on my posts, on the right column). We could have a legend at the bottom of the forums (or somewhere else) with the meaning of each color. This is important especially on the Forum Index since the space between each sub-forum is too long.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 17:16 UTC

Or something like a little badge?

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 17:30 UTC

Yeah, badges are nice too to be shown in the user profile and the posts' right column.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 17:37 UTC

Well if its needed i can do this , i make design for foruns 8 years at least ,i have maked hundred of this little badge kk its better that the color , because colors (blue,red etc ....) will pick the attention of who read , and this is a bad thing, since theres need to people first read the content of the post before ser who have done (theres studies in design(yeah design) that say that people often stop reading things because the username of the post author), the badge it will not gonna take much space, the attention will only be draw after people read the post since it will not be to coloful ,well it will need the ADM aproval of course

Last edited by:  Humberto Bravo (Asgardian)  on Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 17:38 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 18:06 UTC

Interesting! Do you have some examples to show?

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 18:55 UTC

I didn´t know there were levels, could you tell s more please?

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 18:59 UTC

PS : the imgs are from the begining of my Photoshop carrier since i have lost my actual acount (the host as closed) : Theres a lot of examples here: (some to you will look to coloful but in the fórum as just right hahaha) This account is from 8 -4 years in the past https://m.imgur.com/account/hgb14/images

Last edited by:  Humberto Bravo (Asgardian)  on Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 19:00 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 19:03 UTC

I didn´t know there were levels, could you tell s more please?

@Vicent: By levels I mean groups. If you look at each user's name, you'll see their highest group. It basically means that those users have another task within the community.

@BohZao: I'm having trouble opening the link.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 19:21 UTC

Try this:

http://hgb14.imgur.com/all/

PS: Only remenbeing that these are very CRUDE examples

Last edited by:  Humberto Bravo (Asgardian)  on Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 19:22 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 12:55 UTC

well i have made a example :

http://imgur.com/a/AvMg1

its for asgardians (the size can be edited its a render)

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 18:57 UTC

Does it really matter what "level" a user is?

All that should really matter is the quality of the input... It really doesn't matter who's idea or concept something is as much as the idea holds merit.

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 22:39 UTC

It does matter, actually. This can indicate if the person is part of the staff or not. For example, we can easily spot people from the administration by their red names. Usually, their posts have more internal information than other posts.

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 22:43 UTC

Why should that matter?

The people with authority to do something will, should it be required, and those without can't. Advertising this doesn't change that.

When it comes to actually making posts, then it should be judged by the content of the post, and not any "status" attached to the person making it.

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 22:45 UTC

It does matter, actually. This can indicate if the person is part of the staff or not. For example, we can easily spot people from the administration by their red names. Usually, their posts have more internal information than other posts.

Agreed.

Example, using Bootstrap

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 22:47 UTC

Why should that matter?

The people with authority to do something will, should it be required, and those without can't. Advertising this doesn't change that.

When it comes to actually making posts, then it should be judged by the content of the post, and not any "status" attached to the person making it.

Having a visual indication about the user rank is useful. But yes, the status doesn't mean the person is right.

The subject here is about wasting less space and show either a label or use a dedicated color based on the user's rank.