Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 02:30 UTC

Feature Request: ATOM/RSS Feed of personal Subscriptions  

Hello Asgardia,

I just want to request an ATOM/RSS Feed for our personal subscriptions, which can be unlocked with a generator-only RSS-API-Key. The reason behind this request is simple: I could stay informed about topics I do subscribe to without revisiting the forums. Modern RSS-Feed-Aggregators can easily push them to my smartphone's timeline.

The RSS-API-Key generation should be triggerable by myself (for security reasons).

Thank you.

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 10:48 UTC

There is an RSS option available. all that is required is that you have your own RSS reader of choice already installed. If you go to the Forum Index page, you will see a small blue box (RSS feed icon) in the middle of each section/forum listing. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 13:25 UTC

Yeah, I have another question: Is it too much effort to read what has been written down?

If I subscribe all forums to my RSS feed, I stay updated on ANY topic of ANY forum, which is somewhat away from what I have suggested here. And it would turn my RSS timeline into a timeline flooded with topics whenever a post has been made or a reply has been made at this forums. Totally useless.

If there are any questions at your side understanding suggestions, please just ask, do not suggest "existing solutions" that are impractical. I am open to explain suggestions down to atom level when required.

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 13:41 UTC

I think your best bet, nihylum, is to provide the code.

Less excuses, less defects, more progress.

I would of suggested contributing to the upstream project, but the local edits are likely such as to be avoided when updating. Assuming they understand what updates are for.

Updated  on Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 13:43 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Additional data

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 13:57 UTC

I should provide code for an unknown language, unknown framework, and unknown database?

I am not the sorcerer supreme.

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 14:06 UTC

The framework is django. The database is likely MariaDB. The language unsurprisingly is python. (https://github.com/ellmetha/django-machina/blob/d391e1adcc33a36bb45438fcfa2846d371f87e5d/machina/apps/forum_feeds/feeds.py)

Updated  on Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 14:26 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 14:31 UTC

Why the hell do they use Django Machina? Using Django Machina is like trying to run fast while nailing yourself to the ground.

I do expect PHP 7+ with swoole extension and a high-performance application. I am sorry, i don't wonder why things go where things go.

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 14:53 UTC

I'd also expect PHP >7 although I cannot confirm this without being a little more "invasive" - It's likely 5.5/5.6 - Actually being provisioned the requested specifications would of been useful. I'd have a testing rig setup by now for devel and TTD...