Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 19:44 UTC

Forums modification - Ministry of Science  

In the Ministry of Science board we can find the following forums: "Physical sciences", "Biological sciences", "Psychological sciences".

This classification is incomplete and unpractical, as it does not include all sciences. If this classification is used, a high number of other forums should be included (like "Chemical sciences", "Medical sciences", "Economical sciences", "Sociological sciences", etc.) so every science field can be properly discussed. Again, this seems to be very unpractical.

I suggest the modification of these forums, and the usage of a clasification that can include as much science fields as possible. This could be, for example, the division between Natural Sciences (biology, chemistry, physics, etc.) and Social Sciences (sociology, economy, psychology, etc.); or between Hard and Soft sciences.

Sub-forums for a specific science field could be added if it is considered necessary.

At this moment, the discussion is highly limited by this clasification and, from my perspective, it should be modified as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time.

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 22:08 UTC

Francisco;
Physical Sciences includes Chemistry.
Medical Science would be under Biological Sciences or would go into the subforums of Health and Safety in the Ministry of Safety and Security
Sociological Sciences would fall under Psychological Sciences
Economic Sciences would go in the Economics forum under the Ministry of Finance

I wanted to create a place for each science without going too in depth or too large.

Reborn; Subforums were created because a single forum would get very, very cluttered. We will adapt as time goes buy though and we see how things change and evolve.

Last edited by:  Christina Cole (Asgardian, Global Admin)  on Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 02:40 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 10:37 UTC

I agree with both Francisco Gimenez and Yassin Andaloussi. Their arguments strongly support why this should be differently done. We need support interdisciplinary cooperation and strong network between all of us rather then support more groups, and by that here should be no divisions, or if there than two sub groups are enough (natural and social science as was proposed).

Personally, I would rather see division on topics as "round table" where will sit science and technology without division on area of experteeze (something like the room for brain-storm analysis of proposition). And by this occasion I propose, please create marked with blue line, sub-forum as place where rooms “out of box” will be open as topics.

Example of “out box thinking”: One of topics could be how to create framework within constitution that will support citizen ownership of state owned property (and by that include that citizens receive dividend to).

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 13:17 UTC

Well I agree with most of this, but I would request another sub-forum specialized in IT systems, since it's really big and heterogeneous.

Jan 4, 17 / Aqu 04, 01 09:28 UTC

Hello,

I would like to propose create new category. Geological Science. I think that we can't connect Geological science with the Biology, Geochemistry with Chemistry, and Geophysics with Physics.

In my oppinion Biologist, chemistry and physics is not enough to making measurements and reserch which can be important to the existence of learning and development of Asgardia. Only people with geological knowledge can fill in the missing knowledge. For example: when we will have occasion to checking speace material, like rocks or ice, only geologist will be able to correlate this with the Earth sample and conditions.

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 16:02 UTC

Well I agree with most of this, but we should be careful with all that divisions on different groups and sub-forums. For example, my specialization is biophysics, and it related to wide variety of other topics (like molecular biology, mathematics, chemistry, biochemistry etc.), so if there will be too much sub-forums that related to each topic, it will be easily to confused in a such variety.

I also agree with Valwary, two sub groups are enough. We certainly need to support interdisciplinary cooperation and strong network between all of us, I think only in that way we can reach our goal in near future.

Feb 10, 17 / Pis 13, 01 10:12 UTC

Yes, of course. But according to this rules: Engineering, Technology and Astronomy, should be include to Physical Science part.

Feb 14, 17 / Pis 17, 01 02:19 UTC

I agree with Dirk: Computer Science.