Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 21:07 UTC

Names and mononyms  

I had to basically hack the source code to get my Asgardia ID because the form doesn't accept numbers and furthermore requires first & last name. Mononyms are common all over the world. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mononymous_person As far as numerals being used in names, I'm far from the only one (see http://www.hackerbotlabs.com/2011/07/open-letter-to-google-plus-failboat/) The form should have an option for mononymous people and those with numerals in their name. At the common law one can use any name they wish at will, as we journey into space we should keep this tradition and break free from the boundaries imposed by less-free govenments.

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 16:46 UTC

Until Asgardia has their own naming laws, you have to abide by the laws of which country you reside in. If your current passport and IDs have first and lastname with no numericals, the thats the name you have to use here. Asgardia isnt a "choose a new name" service.

If you are legally named with a mononym containing numericals where you are currently resident, you will probably have to e-mail of the e-mails at the bottom of the start page.

Peace and love

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 23:22 UTC

Last edited by:  Beatrice Lentzen (Asgardian)  on Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 23:30 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 20:50 UTC

Where did you find the source?

Or do you mean you've simply edited the post-processed code passed by the server to your client?

Either way, Congratulations on violating AuP/ToS before you've even managed to sign up. Good start.

Updated  on Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 20:51 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times
Reason: typo

Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 14:43 UTC

Just removed source that restricted numerics. To the contrary, the ToS specifically says to provide " true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service registration form ("Registration Data"), and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete." Without removing said restriction I wouldn't be able to register with true, accurate, current and complete information in the first place. I see no such violation of ToS.