Jan 16, 17 / Aqu 16, 01 11:33 UTC

Need a better deactivation system.  

I don't want to use the email that i registered with so I'm going to create a new account , but I've been trying to delete this one for about 2 hours now and I have no idea how. I've tried sending an email like the FAQ says but nothing happens. It makes it very frustrating to do what normally takes 10 mins or less on any other site.

Jan 16, 17 / Aqu 16, 01 14:47 UTC

So precisely why does this require to push the request through a third party service that has severe privacy violations and previous history of morally and ethically unsavoury uses of the data it rapes from it's victims, I mean users? Remind me again, why was this forum created?

Unfortunately our forums don't function exactly the same as other internet groups.

Meaning other people actually have a clue how to operate a service.

Having the registered email changed sounds a lot more sane than fabricating an entire new account.

Updated  on Jan 16, 17 / Aqu 16, 01 14:52 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 16, 17 / Aqu 16, 01 15:33 UTC

This forum, as per the ideas and aspirations of Asgardia, is inclusive of the ideas and wishes of the people who participate in it. In the beginning we merely laid the foundation for the forums, and asked for the users input as to what features they would like to see. At the moment our technical services team has been working very hard to update the forums with the requests of the users in mind. Please review the announcement that was made recently regarding upgrades to the website by our Lead Administrator. Thank you for your patience. https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/feedback-11/topic/changes-in-the-pipeline-777/ This for sure is not a complete list and you are welcome to add to it.

Jan 16, 17 / Aqu 16, 01 17:05 UTC

That's not entirely "recent" - being better part of a month ago. Everything on that list can be done in less than an hour, assuming you know what you're doing, and even if you don't there's open source examples that could be simply copied and pasted in. But, anyone that knew what they were doing would of had systems in place for dealing with things like the user being able to change their email themselves, or submit a request for. They would of also put enough thought into what they are doing to of mitigated at least two thirds of the "issues" being faced, before this had left the develserver. They'd also have security policies for digital data that are slightly above the standards common in 1971, and practices that are not irresponsible. With other peoples data.

This, ofc, wasn't actually my question(s). Let's try again shall we, and try to pay attention this time.

So precisely why does this require to push the request through a third party service that has severe privacy violations and previous history of morally and ethically unsavoury uses of the data it rapes from it's victims, I mean users?

Remind me again, why was this forum created?

Jan 19, 17 / Aqu 19, 01 06:00 UTC

I want my account deleted i no longer want to be a part of this. I'm so sick of this crap ive been wanting my account deleted and removed from this website for days! im pissed!

Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 07:59 UTC

If you could actually do anything to help this user, you would do so(would of done long before now) and be confident about it. There is no try. You do or you do not. As it's just one field in a database, it shouldn't take too long.

But back to the actual point behind involving myself in this affair, as you are aware - and for some reason intentionally choosing to avoid confirming - this forum was generated in order to pull Asgardian affairs from retardations such as facebook, minimally for the privacy concerns such service warrent.

So, with that in mind, why are you attempting to encourage this user to give FB a copy of the email address they will be using for Asgardia services as well as the other conversational details that will transpire, including all the applicable security questions you should responsibly be asking?

This is not the only chat method available at all, and it's possibly one of the least intelligent to attempt to utilise. It might be the only one you know how to use, but there's plenty of secure methods that could be employed. It wouldn't even take 30mins to embed one into this service.

If you'd truely want your account gone, Chris, I'd suggest an email to: citizens@asgardia.space or to open a thread in the feedback section specifically requsting account removal in both the topic and body in order to confirm you'd want the account gone. Again, nuking the account simply to change the email isn't clever.

Updated  on Jan 25, 17 / Aqu 25, 01 08:11 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo