Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 15:26 UTC

"Other" language  

Hello, I noticed that when I was creating my profile that you have no "other" option when saying which languages we're fluent in. The reason I bring this up is that I'm fluent in both English and American Sign Language, which has been recognized as a completely seperate language with a level 5 learning difficulty right along Mandarin but I wasn't able to list it. I was wondering if it would be possible to have an "other" option and then a text box to list what the other language is. 

Jun 17, 17 / Leo 00, 01 04:14 UTC

I was going to bring this up too. It looks like they only have written languages in the list you can select from, I'm assuming this since Traditional and Simplified Chinese are written languages, and they are spoken differently around China. They should update the options to include spoken ones since the question was to "list the languages you can speak."

But in the meantime you can get around this by disabling Javascript in your browser when filling out the form. This will turn the select box into a normal text box where you can type whatever you want in it. And just re-enable it when you're done.

Jun 17, 17 / Leo 00, 01 18:29 UTC

Actually, it does not even include all of the common spoken languages. I was neither able to select Esperanto or even (more puzzling) Norwegian (or even Bokmal, in its native name).