Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 05:21 UTC

Re: Personal blogs. Definition of the requirements - will be completed by 15 January  

penso che si dovrebbero innanzi tutto migliorare le traduzioni...spesso sono incomprensibili... grazie.

Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 11:02 UTC

+1 nihylum

You really want to fix one f*ckup before you create another.

A personal blog is just that: Personal. There's not really much sense deploying that capacity, especially now. As nikolai mentions, anyone interested in having a blog deployed one about ten years ago.

Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 20:39 UTC

As I see, nobody tries to understand the differences between Facebook notes, Forum titles, and blogs.

A blog is both a composition and an article. I could not see more than a few composition and / or article among more than 1 thousand Facebook notes and more than 1 thousand Forum titles. They are too short, have no main idea, etc.

When we talk about blogs, we don’t talk about social media or adolescent entertainment. We talk about serious articles about Asgardia which will be able to be read even after many decades.

More than 3 months had passed, we could have not created our own Asgardia Book yet.

Blogs may help it. If it does not help, nothing can be done for non-writer Asgardians.

Then, leave it (= to write blogs, articles, compositions) to real writers.

If it can not be done in this virtual platform, it will be done in other platforms anyway.

Jan 12, 17 / Aqu 12, 01 08:46 UTC

I think that blogs are very important to give voice to all Asgardians, to know each other and to start building the community. Actually, at the moment I can't figure out a better tool serving this purpose.

Right, Rehaulku made a basic point: blogs are sort of websites with a focus and an identity. Facebook is not a blog, it's the evolution of Skype, if this can help to make clear the difference.

Personal blogs are the sharable ground where Asgardians should start to build a community, contributing with ideas, articles, etc. We need to remember that this is a scientific community --> nation with goals, common goals in all disciplines. The personal blog is the "window of your store". Ask yourself how you can contribute to the growth of this nation, what do you have/want to offer, what are you looking for... This is the starting point for a personal blog. Facebook is not a fitting model.

Last edited by:  Laura Marsano (Asgardian)  on Jan 12, 17 / Aqu 12, 01 16:19 UTC, Total number of edits: 7 times

Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 06:14 UTC

long live great Asgardia!

Jan 15, 17 / Aqu 15, 01 23:22 UTC

Thank you asgardias!..

Jan 16, 17 / Aqu 16, 01 00:06 UTC

What is exactly the personal blog and where are we can find that, i don't understand friends!

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 00:09 UTC

Hey, this is not my question answer, I'm just ask about blogs, and i understand more than that, i have computer diploma and my experience is about: acdl,internet,social media and computer software.

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 20:22 UTC

I agree with Anoobis117.

Asgardian forum.

Jan 21, 17 / Aqu 21, 01 21:12 UTC

Im agree with Cha too

Jan 30, 17 / Pis 02, 01 13:16 UTC

can you setup a self hosted server of ???

** OpenVPN (a self service is necesary for keep secure communications team leaders and others)

* Diaspora (alternetive to facebook)

** gnusocial (alternetive to tweeter)

** tox/kontak/conversations (encripted point to point whatapp alternative)

** netcloud (file sharing)

** proton mail is a CERN mail service project, exmaple of double autentication, fisrt pass for username, second pass for access to mailbox is a good choise for security better that phonenumber (i see many people that lost their phonenumber and cant access to whatasapp or gmail/outlook) (see more alternativeto.net)

results

** first for security (secure accounts login, antisurveillance, maybe multigeopositions servers)

** second for generate better community coordination and better organization

** thirtd will increse self-identity, self-esteem for the people into the Asgardia project

(move this comment to respective post directory if is necesary)

Jan 31, 17 / Pis 03, 01 14:39 UTC

I suggest we use WhatsApp to cummunicate , facebook doesn't work in China !

Feb 1, 17 / Pis 04, 01 13:45 UTC

yes, think that a big group is confused but we need first a private communication (no public) in this plataform for start coordinations, and send messages between users for first locale meetings, we cant post a email or phonenumber here

Feb 7, 17 / Pis 10, 01 19:59 UTC

Personally, I think Asgardia should concentrate on giving it's citizens a solid foundation to build upon. You get the basics right, and leave the fancy tangents like this to us with our personal projects. A nation is built up from thriving innovation and the success of its citizens, don't try to control us, help us flourish.

Feb 7, 17 / Pis 10, 01 21:58 UTC

You can post email and phone numbers here - it'd be a bit stupid to though. It doesn't get much more wise once there's a lesser public area to conduct interpersonal conversations.

Whatsapp isn't a particular clever option with regards to communications. Instead of using something based on XMPP that's been bastardised and neutered of all security and privacy capabilities, we could just instead deploy actual XMPP and not shoot ourselves in the face in the process.

The OpenVPN should be trivial, but not for passing traffic forwards - for creating an "Asgardian only" area it'd work though, the bandwith for that many clients using it for all their traffic would require multiple additional nodes preferably in mulitple geographically distributed locations - it'd be easy to sink a few grand a month, maybe ten, into the hardware hosting to make it work for passing all traffic.

Tox wouldn't be overly clever to deploy, anything claiming to enhance privacy whilst collecting a list of geographically relevant peers whilst also opening itself up to several attacks that'd make it trivial to cripple the network, isolate or redirect other users, and othersuch retardations should definitely be avoided.

Third party mail services should again be avoided. It's highly likely that such services are already posessed by most. What would make sense is deploying our own mail services - as this wouldn't rely on trusting randoms - but right about now that's unwise just for the six extra servers we'd need to to have hosted to hold the few hundred HD's required to give out even a pittance of 5GB of inbox per citizen. No to mention the headache in rotating three copies of that many HD's every day/week/month in father/grandfather/son rotation as per sane backup strategy.