Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 00:15 UTC

Public Visibility  

I do apologize if somebody has already pointed this out.. but I was looking through the forums, trying to find a discussion to jump in when I realized that I was able to see all of the forum posts without even having to log in. My question is this:

Do we want anybody to be able to read through Asgardia's forums?

If we are to take this seriously as a country, we need to look out for national security. This comes along with having a safe atmosphere where we can discuss things that could raise some hands in our home countries, and especially eliminating outside influences who don't serve our best interest. The reason I say all of this is because things are starting to get serious, which in turn will attract attention of other countries... see where I'm going with this??

Just want to continue to do my part to serve my country :)

Last edited by:  Jewell Ledoux (Global Admin, Asgardian)  on Feb 15, 17 / Pis 18, 01 16:13 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Noted. Zahira, 15/02/2017 4:12pm

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 01:04 UTC

Apparently, the descision was made to make public all areas of the forum. Under the guise of transparency.

I equally share your concerns, and feel that not all areas should be public access. In another post there was the view put forwards that attempts to make private will be sucessfully mitigated with ease. I understand their veiwpoint, and the core is indeed valid, but it's minor as assuming IDS somehow fails to catch the suspicious behaviours, admin paying any attention to logs would spot crawlers posing as citizens. If they couldn't, I can make them filters for their logs that can.

I can see the requirement for transparency, and agree the larger part should be made available. However, there should be sections that are inaccessible to anyone non-Asgardian, in order that discussions that merit privacy can take place.

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 23:37 UTC

The idea of transparency definitely makes sense... perhaps as things become more and more serious this "issue" will deal with itself :)

I would imagine every single country on Earth uses espionage, I just hope Asgardia doesn't become a victim to those with other interests for the world.

Last edited by:  Samuel Fisher (Asgardian, Candidate)  on Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 23:38 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: bad grammar, like always.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 03:00 UTC

Last edited by:  Jewarkonrenais Ta (Asgardian)  on Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 03:01 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 05:03 UTC

I have a unique name easily traceable to a specific spot in my country. I am always concerned with privacy. Is there not someway to do first name and last initial when posting in a public forum? I do not mind becoming part of a community and that community having access to who I am, I think thats necessary in coming together and building trust, but I am concerned for those eyes outside of Asgardia. Public forum, great idea, let the world see us build a nation together. Full legal name exposed on the public forums, not so good. A lot of deviants in the world...

Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 17:28 UTC

Thanks for your response Mr Rainbow =)