Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 18:17 UTC

Recent posts?  

Most forums I use have a facility to show new posts, or posts since last visit, or some variant thereof. I'm not finding that feature here: am I missing it or is there some reason you've not got it?

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 18:23 UTC

Greetings, I believe you are looking for this page:

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/tracking/unread-topics/

It is located at the top of the forum, just above the News and Announcements category.

Last edited by:  Alessandro Fiume (Asgardian)  on Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 18:23 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 22:41 UTC

Thanks, yes ~I have seen that, but it is much less useful than "new posts": many unread topics will remain unread because they don't look remotely interesting, and so that list will be ever increasing. With half a million citizens participating in discussions, we're going to really need a means to find the interesting ones.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 04:46 UTC

New != interesting.

What you may find interesting another may not - such personal preferences are ideally best suited for your own definitions.

Towards the right of the thread, there's an indication of the last post made to it...

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 05:07 UTC

Trending topics might be a possibility in the future. That way, I believe, you will be able to judge for yourself whether a topic is interesting on not.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 19:21 UTC

great idea

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 11:40 UTC

EyeR: "New != interesting."

This is true, but the list of boring new posts is shorter to look through than the complete list of boring posts.

It is the worst thing about a busy forum is trawling through all the tedious dross to find something of interest. "New posts" doesn't even come close to what's needed, but it is a big step up from "unread posts".

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 11:44 UTC

Alex Fiume: "Trending topics might be a possibility in the future. "

Popular != interesting.

Indeed, on a busy forum, unless you have some means to regulate it, popular == tedious, because it is nigh on impossible to follow the discussion.

Last edited by:  Made Upname (Asgardian)  on Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 11:44 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 8, 17 / Aqu 08, 01 21:38 UTC

Last posts first is good.