Mar 23, 17 / Ari 26, 01 03:30 UTC

Suggest to develop Chinese version of Asgardia.space  

More and More Asgardian speak Chinese. Suggest to develop Chinese version of Asgadia.space. thank you very much! 越来越多的阿斯卡迪娅说中文,建议增加中文版本的网站。 谢谢。

Mar 23, 17 / Ari 26, 01 03:39 UTC

Once you start to localize into another language, you have to localize into any language by a project like Asgardia. I am not sure if this would just add more effort in exchange to less effect.

Mar 23, 17 / Ari 26, 01 05:02 UTC

The "static content" like the UX etc should be trivial to deliver "localised support" for - Post content might take a little more work. But I'm sure screwgle have an API..

Mar 23, 17 / Ari 26, 01 05:40 UTC

For the moment, English is the main language of Asgardia. However, Asgardia has members from all over the world. Therefore we have created a forum for different regions, where one can find content in their own languages, including official documents and news articles translated into different languages. You can find the Regional forums here - https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/regions-36/. Simply follow the list and select your country or region in order to participate. If you have any questions, let us know.

Mar 23, 17 / Ari 26, 01 06:01 UTC

Thanks a lot for all replies. It is amazing we can get feedback so quick.

Mar 23, 17 / Ari 26, 01 06:37 UTC

But even there the rest of the interface is in English.

This is fine if you can read "new post" etc.

Things like l1on/l18n exist specifically for this - provision of per-localistation indication of common options. It's not something that should represent any particular difficulty to impliment and already a common feature for many services. In fact the settings.py for django defauts to USE_I18N = True, so it's definitely supported.