Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 08:53 UTC

The Singularity Prime Stargate Initiative  

Hello Asgardians,

this topic is meant as a data mine for a community-driven website implementation of asgardia.space (and later government sub-trees of the website). The Initiative has the following goals:
- Providing a full-featured, enriched website for Asgardia that aims for a citizen-first service of eGovernment.
- Providing a template that may be used as a framework for asgardia-related initiatives (without any costs).
- Providing free open-source web components for Asgardia Calendar System Implementations for web-centric languages.
- Providing a unified user interface for Asgardia that unites the needs and favours of the many instead of the requirements of the few.

Who is involved?
- The Singularity Prime Think Tank, an Asgardia-centric collective of people who aims to create standards, laws, software and technologies for Asgardia.
- You.

Who should participate?

Naturally everyone. It does not matter what you know, your feedback is required. It does not matter if you don't know how websites or the internet works. The most important thing is feedback that is based on a neutral point of view and a minimum understanding that a unified UI requires making compromises.

Who does orchestrate the results into code?

I am the developer in charge for this initiative. I am Web Evangelist from Asgardia (well, okay, if you ask: Germany) with close to 2 decades experience in software development. I am also the person who orchestrates the Singularity Prime Think Tank works.

Is this a real thing?

In general - it is. Until now, this initiative starts under the expectation of creating something useful and unique for Asgardia using the latest standards and components. This initiative has not been announced to the officials until now because it should act as a citizen-first data collection not influenced by "showrunners". Officials are welcome to contribute ideas too, but their suggestions and ideas will be treated as coming from a citizen, not an official.

Why now? Are you unhappy with the current things?

Now, because it takes time and the transition of data into code and code into proposal and proposal into the live system is a long way. From my point of view, a lot of things can be done better, Asgardia deserves it.

Where to start?

We'll start with the unified Asgardia-UI represented by a website.

The technical side, what is used?

Semantic-UI, jQuery, Symfony (Components), Silex, Twig and Guzzle for the prototyping. Later Inferno.js and Polymer for creating components. jQuery for Asgardia Calendar and Time Standard Utilities. In sum those languages: PHP 7.1, Javascript (ES5, ES6), CSS3 and HTML5.

What is accessed on asgardia.space and what about privacy?

Actually, nothing. I would consider scraping data from asgardia.space (probably cached or as live data) to fill contents into the prototype, so people who look at the prototype would have something to see, that is away from any fake content. But that wouldn't happen without the explicit allowance of AIRC, regardless if the actual laws of the involved countries does allow me to do that. A serious thing to realise is that this involves (anonymized) personal data (countries and how many people are actually citizens of asgardia from that country), which makes scraping to a thing at least AIRC should agree to. Regardless of what data will be accessed, it is IN ANY CASE publically available and WILL NOT TURN YOUR PRIVATE DATA IN DANGER. So, no privacy issue here, just to keep things transparent.

What happens in the meanwhile (at the moment of data mining)?

The data mining is open for a period of 4 weeks. In the meanwhile, I will file a formalization of the Decree No. 2 Calendar System as an Asgardia Date and Time Standard served in 2 variants (one with a leap-day on leap-years and one with a Year-day extension of 6 hours to compensate the missing leap day). There is also a blueprint planned for ATESA (Asgardia Technical and Environmental Standards Authority), our very first non-governmental Authority for standards. The standard recommendations will be forwarded to the officials. I will also implement features from this topic and own ideas into the framework.

Are all suggestions implemented?

Well, if it is technically possible and it would make sense without creating a playground for Led Zepplin to play Stairway to Heaven while riding on unicorns on a street built from cornflakes, yes. My job will be to orchestrate and your ideas and to avoid that your suggestions downgrade the user experience of the created results.

Asgardia Civic.IT

I welcome to cooperate with the IT-Division of Asgardia Civic here. I would provide the collected result (code) to you, so you could do the dirty job of implementing it directly into the actual code. Just ping me.

What happens when the work is done but the result was rejected by officials of Asgardia?

All codes are open-source when the results are rejected, they will remain at GitHub and will be available for everyone. Until then, the license is set to MIT for code with an exclusive copyright of the design for AIRC.

Let's start. The actual state of the Asgardia.space prototype which implements the unified Asgardia UI can be found here:

Proto-Log: - General Design Concept created. - Initial copyright set to AIRC and Singularity Prime - results will be copyrighted to "Design and Concept by nihylum and the Republic of Asgardia".

Developer Notice:

The actual version of asgardia.singularity.name does serve a general framework of how the "new" website design will look. There is actually no operational link or contents served. The actual used images, fonts, colors, transparency or layout is not set in stone. It's up to you to suggest changes. If you do, try to explain why, compare your ideas and thoughts to others commenting here. Only an active discussion about specific things will guarantee a perfect result.

Thank you and have a good time collaborating at this Initiative.

Notice for the Moderators: I had a longer talk with Jason, it should be properly explained now. The previously versions that might exist in the deep wet grounds of the archive of the board might be deleted.

Last edited by:  Jason Rainbow (Global Admin, Global Mod, Asgardian)  on Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 05:53 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: Removal of link to Unofficial group

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 10:59 UTC

Your project sounds very interesting, and you have included much detail. Have you thought to make it official by submitting your proposal to the administration? You can find the requirements here -. New Proposal Information.

Last edited by:  Jewell Ledoux (Global Admin, Asgardian)  on Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 11:30 UTC, Total number of edits: 11 times
Reason: link activate

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 11:31 UTC

Hi nihylun , well i a programmer (amateur) i program in C# and java if i can help Tell me :)

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 11:54 UTC

Alright. I will hop on board.

Where do you need me?

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 15:09 UTC

Zahira: If I would do so, i would violate the linked guidelines. I have submitted a standard proposal which has never been answered, so it is actually in the queue from my point of view. Submitting another proposal would break the "only one per community member"-Rule. So, the answer is no, unless I got a proper response to my recommendation and the filed questions of the proposal email.

BohZao: Your programming languages are not in use for the project, but you could port libraries later for the named languages, if you want.

Phicksur: As this topic explains, just start thinking about an official website, consider the provided website as it's base. What would you change, what would you like to see, what wouldn't you like to see?

Updated  on Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 15:10 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 14:42 UTC

Websites should be specific for their consumption.

Government-specific websites (which I suppose should include the sign-up pages), should be informational and not interactive. Links to information available, and FAQ. That part is what we have, largely, already. The government-related news is kind of off, though. The Media tab links to generalized posts, not specific government-related things like the Constitution amendments that happened, or the calendar, or anything that's actually going on RIGHT NOW that people might like to get involved with. A questionnaire-sheet, where citizens can ask for answers about specific questions that pertain to them, should be put up in the place of the forums. If a question gets asked enough through the sheet, it can be added to the FAQ. Having an email distribution list for people to sign up (not automatically) to get email notifications from the Asgardian government would probably also be a major deal to keeping people involved in things.

The forums should be spun off, both physically and legally. The Asgardian forums should be an independent agent from the government, so that the government isn't being seen as censoring its citizens. There is already a leadership structure in place for the forums, which should remain, but it should operate independently of the government structure. Doing otherwise can (and already has in some cases) misrepresent the actions of the forum management team as being the actions of the Asgardian government. This will allow the forum management team to behave less as agents of the government, and more as agents of the forum. It should also help with forum management and preventing spammers from getting access.

The Discord verbal communications channels are in place, but I am unsure how often they are used. It seems they could be used to open up channels of communication to Asgardian leadership, which are not present at this time. Having some way to 'make an appointment' to speak with the current Asgardian government leadership (as opposed to the forum leadership) would go a long way toward making people feel that their government is in some way accountable to them, instead of the current method of 'messages from on high'.