Apr 2, 17 / Tau 08, 01 01:12 UTC

Things seem to be deteriorating quickly - Does Dr A know?  

From my perspecrive (and from what I gather from other comments, I'm not alone) the past 48 hours has seen a dramatic deterioration of the atmosphere in the forums. It nows seems an all out cyberwar is underway with one member who has been banned and had their login creditentials revoked (apparently which has not stopped them from posting to the forums - which raises a whole host of other issues about security)

It's a simple question for the admins - has this situation been brought to the attention of Dr A yet? If so, when will we hear from him as to a way forward?

Apr 2, 17 / Tau 08, 01 01:17 UTC

Hello,

I've raised a ticket with the IT team about this as well as brought it to Lena De Winne's attention. 

Regards,

Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Apr 2, 17 / Tau 08, 01 07:33 UTC

I have sort of developed a nose for evasive answers - it is an important skill to have in my line of work.

It is nice that Dr A's 2nd in charge is aware of what is going on. That doesn't mean that Dr A is aware. So is he?

Apr 4, 17 / Tau 10, 01 14:16 UTC

If you asked for a hamburger and the clerk replied that they have chicken sandwiches, would you think the clerk misheard you or that they are out of hamburgers? And when you ask again, they begin discussing the many fine types of pickle that can be added to your chicken sandwich.

There is zero chance Dr. A knows. I think that De Winne and Berg are scared of being fired. It's the simplest explanation.

Last edited by:  Michael Hoselton (Asgardian)  on Apr 4, 17 / Tau 10, 01 14:16 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Typo

Apr 4, 17 / Tau 10, 01 14:21 UTC

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I can't answer what I don't know. I answered what I did know and still know.

Regards,

Rebekah Berg

Apr 4, 17 / Tau 10, 01 14:28 UTC

Sammwich, Scarbs, please.

EyeR isn't waging a one-man war on the forums, or management. He is trying to prove a point, but in the process I expect things are being shaken up a great deal.

This is a growing pain, and the fact we are all aware of it demonstrates how perceptive we all are. I agree that management isn't handling this properly, but they are not perfect, and it is unfair to expect that of them.

SFG

Apr 4, 17 / Tau 10, 01 14:35 UTC

EyeR is only a small aspect of the kaleidoscope of issues caused by the forum staff, Berg, and De Winne.

I don't expect anyone to be perfect. I do expect that when someone is asked if they personally did something that they can answer with literally anything but "I don't know...I can't [answer]." 

Apr 4, 17 / Tau 10, 01 14:38 UTC

I would not expect Dr. A to come to these forums. He doesn't speak or understand English very well. He would require an interpreter, which I presume is Lena's role here.

Perhaps she can clarify, but I expect that anything important you tell her, she will be sharing with him. EyeR's ban is not actually important, so I doubt he has specifics (and I say this as someone that I think EyeR might even call a friend).

CBT

Apr 4, 17 / Tau 10, 01 21:46 UTC

This is more about the general deterioration of trust than any individual. Evasive / non answers for a pretty simple and direct question does not help the situation.

Of cousre I dont expect Dr A to be in the forums - he is a busy man. But I dont think it unreasonable to question if he is aware of issues that could threaten the future of this venture.

As far as expecting anything important to be passed on, there is a saying that helps me get through work and life:

Never assume: you just make an ass out of u and me.

Apr 12, 17 / Tau 18, 01 16:38 UTC

I'm even sad, seeing our Admins and Mods left in between of nothing and nowhere: it's not a confortable position for sure.

ZRQ

Apr 13, 17 / Tau 19, 01 14:41 UTC

I've to correct myself, reading the Code of Conduct, which superseeded the Forum Posting Rules, admins and mods have not been left "in the middle of nowhere": the forum's owner, NGO Asgardia (so Lena De Winne, the CEO), explicitly allowed their actions here.
I was thinking, while waiting to have regular laws, there should be some time where temporary actions should be taken. The Code of Conduct, explicitly and unilaterally, states that:

1. "The Code of Conduct is enforced by all administrators, moderators, and regional chapter advocates of Asgardia".
    It also claims to incorporate "some relevant laws" (without giving any reference).
    "NGO Asgardia and Civic.Asgardia reserve the right to update this Code of Conduct without prior notice".
  2. "Compliance with conditions in this Code of Conduct is mandatory. Your use of our resources implies your acceptance"

As this is a traditional ToS, we're just users (so guests): any further reference to "citizens" sounds inappropriate.

refs.
(1) https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/forum-announcements-10/topic/code-of-conduct-for-asgardia-online-resources-4686/?post=22421#22421
(2) https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/forum-announcements-10/topic/code-of-conduct-for-asgardia-online-resources-4686/?post=22422#22422