Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 03:38 UTC

Re: A Game for Asgardia  

Hello there, My name is Zell Huang. I'm a game producer and own a game developing company in China with my partner. I like developing games. If there is something I can do, just don't hesitate to tell me :)

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 06:21 UTC

(/ω·\*) deleted

Last edited by:  BIYI CAI (Asgardian)  on Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 06:24 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 16:24 UTC

well anyone as already played rimworld? its a game about colonys in the space. its a bit off, but the game is well designed its complex and help for understandind what is a space colony (well at least for me, it as a good experience)

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 19:51 UTC

I think a game can be very useful, that can teach the people (for example navigation in the space, asteroid mining, machinery, etc) and we can use for research. And of course it can be the first income for Asgardia.

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 21:01 UTC

Two gamers talking:

• What was your daily mining record?
  • 500 000 tons of iron.
  • What? How?
  • I built a robotic plant in the asteroid belt.
  • Is it possible in this game?
  • I don't know but it is possible in the reality. I am an Asgardian.

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 21:32 UTC

It seems that this will be a good first product for Asgardia. Just make it good. I suggest to put it on steam and have a subscription fee for all non asgardian. lower the better. And open to the public.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 08:37 UTC

I have to say, I am really thinking it too simple at the first time I saw this Topic and click on it.

A video game, online game and so what, you guys are really into this......

To be honest, I am just thinking about a board game here, or maybe much simpler game like rock paper siccsor so that future Asgardian kids is able to play it too.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 08:55 UTC

Board game is also cool and 1000s of people play them. Problem is you have to produce a physical object. Make it a digital board game and you only have to make one copy then sell on steam

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 22:25 UTC

I love to do things which help me learn. CircuitWarz, or anything by Tabula digital have been great ideas, but are seriously lacking in gameplay mechanics, and (yes, I'm going to say it) graphics. The aesthetics are nice, but it doesn't hold my interest the same way Halo, or final fantasy does with fluid systems.

Secondly, I have asked for this before, but... Unity 3D programs should be more like tools for a workshop. Somewhere I can build a machine, or circuit. Maybe these designs could be added to the game world as epic items should they work as designed? This would envelope design, and critical thinking, with actual plasma guns (why doesn't the guy from Doom get vaporized while blowing his plasma load at a demon whose attempting to get his power source back?), or bladeless helicopters (how are you going to shoot me down if your rocket doesn't hit anything?). Engineering mixed into an MMO! Give scientists the privilege to create epic items. They might play more if they could contribute?

Microeconomics. Have the players buy the epics created by the scientific community. There's a way to make money!

Last edited by:  Nahtahni Grillett (Asgardian)  on Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 22:30 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: addition of economy.

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 22:24 UTC

From what I've read here, the best game for Asgardia would be No Mans Sky, but 100x better. Hello games messed up but we can make our own dreams come true :D.

Leave the space game to the space people B)

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 22:35 UTC

From what I've read here, the best game for Asgardia would be No Mans Sky, but 100x better. Hello games messed up but we can make our own dreams come true :D.

Leave the space game to the space people B)

Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 06:33 UTC

I'm thinking along the lines of a modular/moddable system as well, something like Second Life. Something that will enable people to make their own creations, however more focused on science and technology. I like the idea of the grid system, and we could potentially use the open grid project as a bootstrap. However a more experienced developer should probably chime in on that. Engines, if we go that route, will be a big discussion as well.

And not to be a spoilsport, because there's a lot of excitement here which is awesome, but we all need to keep in mind the issue of scope for this. Given that the number of developers on this will probably not be super high, this will take a LONG time for anything other than a small game. Compound that with the fact that those of us who will actually end up working on this will probably not be doing it full time, it's going to take even longer. We'll also need to account for developers dropping from the project, etc.. Since No Man's Sky was brought up, that took 15 or so people 3 years to develop, working full time. Realistically there will probably not be many of us who are willing to commit to that.

Still, I'm pretty excited about this.

Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 15:18 UTC

There are several ways to approach this issue and not to depend on just the "illusion" and excitement of being part of Asgardia, because feels might fade with time. The principal one is a crowd-sourced game like it was proposed, making the game escalable and renewable with the effort of people just because they want to participate in a game and make their little contribution. An updatable graphic motor, mechanics, models, and a grid-system to make a social based-game, or even a browser game or a RPG based on Asgardia itself would be awesome.

The second approach we should take in account is that we can crowdfund the game to a developer team formed /or not/ by asgardians. Being 500 thousand people, pledging 5$ each, plus random people that just wants to participate in the game, can become a huge amount that would be enough for making a stable game, and paying the developers for their effort.

The third approach is not to call it just an asgardian game. I mean, the game should be related to asgardia, as for the who makes it or what it will be about, but focusing on "hey, it's asgardian, just for us, our game", won't make it profitable and won't make asgardia's budget increase. Focusing asgardia's economy trade with earth by interchanging human intellectual abilities is a really good idea, and making games could be one of the many ways. So selling the game not by focusing the idea that it is just for Asgardia and a promotional thing, but a game alone made from people around here but that it is itself good by its own, may be the best way to make it profitable.

Last edited by:  Alexei Jilinskiy (Asgardian)  on Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 15:18 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Bad format

Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 07:48 UTC

@AlexeiLumus

I actually have a pretty interesting idea for the name and for a scenario that could be quite interesting for the connection of users personal games to official the "Asgardia" world/dimension following that idea, in case you found it interesting.

And funny enough, I seem to have had it written down since the beginning of the year.

Event Horizon

(https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiSOrIKcSqw4dZ1txEvRRRommSY)
OneDrive

Guess I'll start writting a trial GDD for it, whenever I have the time.

Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 21:14 UTC

My family loves playing SIMS and FABLE. I think a game along those lines would be great; creating characters, building, working, and exploring. The game shouldn't be fighting Aliens or attacking Earth. Blowing up Asteroids would be okay. Make a game about life on Asgardia like SIMS. Just my thought.