I have contacted United Nations...

Re: I have contacted United Nations...  

By: Amber(Asgardian) on 1 January 2017, 5:19 p.m.

Alphacosmos, although your intentions were good, the UN does seem to have their own agenda. As of this moment we in Asguardia are not ready to be considered by the UN as a nation. When the time comes we will be ready politically, diplomatically and physically. Announcing to them now will only cause setbacks for us even if they do acknowledge us. We will have our time, but it is not yet.

Amber

Last edited by:  Amber (Asgardian)  on 1 January 2017, 5:20 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: We have contacted United Nations... but it will not do anything  

By: Alphacosmos(Asgardian) on 8 January 2017, 1:17 p.m.

Ok, in view of certain comments that don´t contribute anything and the actual information I received, on wich i will not extend, I close the matter. I will carry out the actions that I deem appropriate, since there is nothing official for now and therefore everything is in the personal plane. Good luck to everyone.

By: bluecloud(Asgardian) on 9 January 2017, 2:58 a.m.

Alphacosmos, Please do not make yourself the laughing stock of the community. You behave like a plumber who thinks he has disproved Einstein's Theory Of Relativity and who calls a press conference to complain that no one wants to take him seriously.(btw, Einstein was quite fond of plumbers. He once said that if he hadn't become a physicist, he might have turned a plumber)

By: Alphacosmos(Asgardian) on 9 January 2017, 8:50 p.m.

Friend bluecloud, what part of "i close the matter" you have not understood ?. You are making the ridiculous answering a closed topic by who opened it. And there are others who have also made the ridiculous showing off an almost insulting ignorance of many issues, so do not try to teach me ... you do not meet me and you do not know at what levels I move on this topic. As I said, closed matter. By the way, the anecdote you tell about Einstein is just that, a comment he made in a concrete circumstance, or do you think he really would have preferred to be a plumber? XDXDXD And yes, the theory of relativity is not accurate to 100% as is being verified with the current experimentation. I am an informed and knowledgeable person, not a plumber. Dont put that face XD

Last edited by:  Alphacosmos (Asgardian)  on 9 January 2017, 9:04 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: Ann Griffith(Asgardian) on 10 January 2017, 3:48 a.m.

May I respectfully ask what you mean by this is a closed matter? Does that mean you are not going to contact the UN and wait for a more appropriate time when it has been approved by staff, or are you going to go ahead and contact them?

By: bluecloud(Asgardian) on 11 January 2017, 1:04 a.m.

I have to agree. The thread is still open, meaning comments can still be made even if the initiator of the thread wishes to remain silent. As of now, ASGARDIA is the exclusive property of Igor Ashurbeyli, and till elections are conducted, no one has the legal, or even moral right to speak in the name of Asgardia. Since we do not know Alphacosmos's intentions and whether he has in fact already contacted the UN, and if so, what he might have said, this whole private endeavor should be considered suspect and possibly reported to the present Asgardian admin. So Alphacosmos, please respond ..., promptly. Thank you [BTW, large organizations and well-known individuals receive letters by the thousands every year from well-intentioned persons trying to tell them what to do. Such organizations and celebrities have a very powerful tool to deal with such: it is called the wastebasket.]

Last edited by:  bluecloud (Asgardian)  on 11 January 2017, 1:10 a.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: Ann Griffith(Asgardian) on 11 January 2017, 6:53 a.m.

Bluecloud, I think he was well intentioned, but I do not think we should do so until we have approval and guidance from Igor Ashurbeyli. Contact to our own individual UN representatives in the future when they vote to include Asgardia or not could make or break the deal! Saying the correct thing is important that is why we need to be patient .

By: Alphacosmos(Asgardian) on 11 January 2017, 7:18 p.m.

Comrades, of course my intention is more than good, in fact I am sure that few people have waited for this moment as much as I have my whole life. So you can rest easy. And be sure that nothing is going to make any negotiation fail, I know what I speak, although I do not have to share my information, that can not be forced by anyone. So I say again (I'll say it another way): the negotiations are not going to any place if there are no more initiatives like mine or similar, I'm sorry to say but it is so. And I repeat, this is a dream since my childhood, but I am a realist, scientific and ex-official of my country, and I know how the world works. So instead of criticizing my initiative, put your brains to work for new initiatives to help the founders. Some have a cement mind and do not want to understand things, and if everything goes well, remember, among others, Alphacosmos. Review my January 1st post and you will get a better idea of ​​what I am talking about, because you're making me write a lot and nobody asks the key questions.

By: bluecloud(Asgardian) on 11 January 2017, 9:08 p.m.

Alphacosmos: You are indeed extraordinarily presumptuous. We don't have yet any detail on what Igor A. intends for Asgardia, and already you know better! Why don't you form you own organization? You're -- no,that would be personal attack, which is quite frowned upon. So you're not..., but (some) of your views and possible actions are pathetic. Since every post in this forum is monitored, a moderator can follow up on this with Admin if s/he so wishes. I will refrain from any further messages on this thread as they might contain four-letter words which I would later regret! And please don't call me"Friend", or "Comrade"! I'm quite choosy in that department.

By: John A Covert(Asgardian) on 11 January 2017, 11:42 p.m.

The UN Charter, and the process for membership or requests for recognition for nationhood, are available on the UN's website.

Amongst other concerns, member nations are expected to be able to contribute financially to the annual UN budget (2017 around $150 million), and perhaps additional services, - provide volunteers for UN Peacekeeping forces or serve in some capacity in support of UN missions or on councils, etc. Membership recognition is based on ". . . in the judgment of the Organization, are able and willing to carry out these obligations."

Seeing as we have no official citizens yet, no constitution, no economy, no government, no geography, no taxation, no international trade, no common language, no flag, no insignia, no anthem, no salutation, no motto . . . asking for recognition as a nation is a tad bit premature.

At best, right now, we could hope to be included under Article XII - Trusteeship; reserved for Territories that have not gained membership status as a nation.

Last edited by:  John A Covert (Asgardian)  on 12 January 2017, 12:16 a.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: Alphacosmos(Asgardian) on 12 January 2017, 6:58 p.m.

Bluecloud, I will not limit myself with the way of expressing, because you are the one who has proved to be a presumptuous, rather foolish person who has no brain and therefore no ideas, and who only knows how to criticize and boycott what others want to do since the beginning. In any case, I will not waste any more time with you, you have shown me that you deserve no more explanations. Respect to what John A says, you are right, and that is what I mean with the post that I published on January 1 and with other of my answers, the road will be long and complicated, and so I think if there is no more alternatives we are going to have very very difficult. I'm sure that Dr. Ashurbeyli's team can make good progress, but I'm sure that at some point it will take much more. Let's hope everything goes well.

By: Jason Rainbow(Global Mod) on 12 January 2017, 7:09 p.m.

Gentlemen,
Please remember that the point of these forums is to allow us to discuss things in a civil manner. Showing respect to each other as individuals and our ideas, please keep this in mind when you are making posts, or comments / replies.

By: Alphacosmos(Asgardian) on 13 January 2017, 8:40 a.m.

Dear Jason, as you have observed throughout these days I did not start the discussion, I just answered, and it has been inevitable to respond to the provocations of bluecloud, there are people who take the forums as a way to vent their frustrations criticizing everything they read. In any case, as I said another day, I will not waste more time in answering to him, you can rest easy. There are many others who understand and support my initiative, although for now it is in suspense pending official news.