I have contacted United Nations...

I have contacted United Nations...  

By: Alphacosmos(Asgardian) on 21 December 2016, 9:48 a.m.

Hello,

We can help to United Nations consider grant to Asgardia the status of Nation. If many asgardians send individual petitions using the form to fill in, in UN web, il will be more easy that the world take in serious our claims, because this is the most difficult step to reach. We need the recognition of Nation and the modification of space use treats and laws. World need to see that behind fouders there are more tan words, there are people committed in an illusion, in a real proyect. Otherwise can be interpreted like little interest of their own citizens. One example: if in my country, Spain, my government request a permanent place in the UN security council, that is oficial, ok. But if also thousands of spanish people request the same, UN should take in more consideration that claim, and over time it will be more easy to get it. Do you understand the point of view?, this is politics, and in politics the force of the people is very important. UN wont grant us the status of Nation if they dont see this will. To reach our objective, most of the country members of UN must vote in favor, not only the President and his near circles, most of the world. So this procedure must be started in each country really. Is more difficult that you can imagine. Much people and governments will strike us and will call us traitors or uprooted. Asgardia is being attacked from it birth from many ways, taking us for crazy, but if we have clear our feelings we will reach any star... Who has wide visión and know the intricacies of international relations, will understand this is neccesary, and if not... you will see it. (at the end i have rolled up more tan i expected, sorry)

Last edited by:  Alphacosmos (Asgardian)  on 22 December 2016, 9:55 a.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: I will contact United Nations  

By: DominicSturt(Global Admin) on 21 December 2016, 10:29 a.m.

Hi there,

While your intentions are admirable, going off by yourself to contact the United Nations could harm the success of negotiations that Dr Igor Ashurbeyli intends on entering in to.

By: JoeMeekPls(Asgardian) on 21 December 2016, 10:58 a.m.

Agreed. Your actions, however admirable, may end up impeding the progress we all desire.

Joe.

By: Alphacosmos(Asgardian) on 21 December 2016, 11:21 a.m.

Sorry , but in this case you are not right. Any one in the world can fill in a form that exists in the web fo UN for talk or ask any thing, that has not involvement in the negotiations of the Founders, it would be only an parallel boost of citizens of Asgardia. I am grown in legislation and international affairs and this is not a lock but on the contrary. Greetings.

Last edited by:  Alphacosmos (Asgardian)  on 21 December 2016, 11:25 a.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: Jonathan Perreault(Chapter Mod) on 21 December 2016, 3:51 p.m.

The point is not in regard to be wrong of right, but more for the acceptence of the action taken.

You may have the possibility to communicated with the UN, and you have the right to do so, but doing so for the purpose of Asgardia recognition, can make the members to be ''affraid'' of such approach by a large mass of people. Being unsure of how they will react, make it less acceptable.

What I think should be more done, is, for now, letting Dr. Ashurbeyli discuss about Asgardia to the UN members. If it come to the necessity to have more people to communicate with them, and in that to show them we are plenty of people wanting a new nation and all, then could be done.

Another thing, that I think, could be also to ask the staff, that is working close to Dr. Ashurbeyli,and ask him directly if it could be an idea to support his work by some kind of petition. Some kind of paper to present at the moment of discussing with the UN members, may be another avenue to consider.

By: Blsstidham(Asgardian) on 21 December 2016, 4:29 p.m.

I think this is a very bad idea. Were I a leader of the UN or a member of the Security Counsel, and a mob of people came to my "door" making what could be mistaken as a list of demands, I would likely not react well. Dr. Ashurbeyli is connected within the UN. He is advised by legal experts. He knows how to navigate their internal channels. Be patient and let the man do his work. If he was advised that having all of make such a petition would be a good idea, he would have made an announcement by now for us to do so. Be calm and wait a bit is my advice. I am nobody to tell anyone what to do, we are all Asgardians, but this is ill advised. It has a lot of potential in making a negative impact. We need to be seen as a unified whole behind Dr. Ashurbeyli, not a disconcordant mob without direction. Doing something like this en masse could be seen as undermining the doctor's aurhority as Head of State to the wrong people. If our Head of State cannot be seen as in control, the entire concept looks umprofessional. I strongly suggest waiting before trying this. A better course would be to ask one of the admin if this would be a good idea and see what they think. Just my thoughts.

By: Essentuky(Asgardian) on 21 December 2016, 6:07 p.m.

I think so, like Blsstidham

Last edited by:  Essentuky (Asgardian)  on 21 December 2016, 6:08 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: I will NOT contact United Nations  

By: antonio1306(Asgardian) on 21 December 2016, 8:23 p.m.

A million petitions on any subject presented to the United Nations would not even be read. There is no time for this, because of a bureaucracy inherent in any service at this level. But; A million signatures in a single petition this yes would be well received. I think on this way.

Re: I will contact United Nations: To Alphacosmos  

By: rehaulku(Asgardian) on 21 December 2016, 8:54 p.m.

First question: Will you use a nickname during application to UN?

Second question: Which direction will you choose, official no or individual yes for your-this opinion?

Third question: What will be your behavior when your state, your government, or your Founding Father says doing only one option? Will you listen your inner voice or outer voice?

By: Dvxvsr(BANNED) on 22 December 2016, 4:14 a.m.

Moved from facebook for this....... Already seems like a waste.

Re: I have contacted United Nations...  

By: nihylum 🇩🇪(Asgardian) on 22 December 2016, 11:04 a.m.

You are no official and you do act on your own expense. I will boycott your petition and will alert the petition as being fake when appearing.

Re: I have contacted United Nations... for Nihylum  

By: Alphacosmos(Asgardian) on 24 December 2016, 1:36 p.m.

Friend Nihylium, what are you talking about?, I think you need a little more knowledgement and culture. You do not have to be an official of any type to make a PERSONAL request on the form of UN web, has anyone bothered to see it ?. If you try to boycott a personal petition, you are committing an illegality. Anyway what you say is absurd, you can not do it, it's ridiculous. In addition, if you intend to bicote something like this, what you are really trying to boycott is the project of Asgardia per se. By the way, who told you that I'm not an official?, Do we know each other?. Try and you'll see what you get. As I said, more culture and less TV, I think you and others have seen too many movies. This is serious.We need people who are prepared and capable, not everyone who thinks they have to answer everything they read, or who does not like others to come up with initiatives with their own personality.This is not a talent contest, it is a nation project.

Last edited by:  Alphacosmos (Asgardian)  on 24 December 2016, 1:50 p.m., edited 1 time in total.

By: Dirk Baeyens(Chapter Advocate) on 24 December 2016, 1:45 p.m.

1 spokesman would be better then a chaos of letters.

Grtz, Dirk.

By: Alphacosmos(Asgardian) on 24 December 2016, 1:53 p.m.

It is not that they read all the requests, that would be impossible, but that the multitudinous support to our founders, an act of fidelity and patriotism is seen. It can be our first social movement claiming our identity as a nation. Anyway, UN will soon ask for a referendum or similar to legitimize the request, not just a lot of people registered from a web, but something formal, legal, law, and binding. Seriously anyone thinks what i say is bad or a threat?. It's a shame to see that many have taken this as a social network more ...

Last edited by:  Alphacosmos (Asgardian)  on 24 December 2016, 2:22 p.m., edited 2 times in total.

By: Dirk Baeyens(Chapter Advocate) on 24 December 2016, 2:50 p.m.

It would be a good B-plan i think.

Grzt, Dirk.