Dec 28, 18 / Cap 26, 02 22:48 UTC

Territorial proposal  

Territorial proposal # 9 acquisition and repopulation

Those who had the pleasure or dislike of reading me in my beginnings or in my recent publications, may notice a key factor in my opinion about the priorities of asgardia "TERRITORIO", (note for novices, move to the next paragraph if you are a veteran or if you prefer go to the proposal) asgardia is a nation originally thought to be in space, we have a satellite and a lot of citizens eager to contribute some with economy, others with the intellectual, business, political and social. But discarding the satellite we have absolutely nothing outside the network (we have government but the issue is on another course).

The proposal is simple and consists of 2 parts that lead to the same end. On the beautiful planet earth that is our home (I take into account the debate last night) there are many abandoned cities for various reasons some economic nature, others by natural disasters, violence, etc ... Some of these villages can be rescued and with some movements We could acquire them and repopulate them to become common meeting points for asgardia (leave the moral complaints until after this paragraph) I am aware that many of these places were abandoned due to problems of an ethical or political nature but others that are what your server proposes Rescue were abandoned for economic reasons, a simple and local example since I am from Mexico is "Ojuela Durango" an abandoned mining town because its mines were flooded by a natural disaster, another example "San pedro de san luis potosí (there are still people but is already considered a ghost town) "a mining strike led the company to dynamite the access to the mines, leaving the town to decay little by little, I know what some will say as that ojuela is a tourist center or that san pedro is not totally abandoned, but my point is that there are places that are neither tourist nor do they have people who for reasons Similar abandoned mining, tourism, fishing, etc ... were abandoned can be rescued and taken as villages for asgardia. It will allow our people to have a temporary place where they can concentrate and, in turn, revive places that are apparently forgotten by their countries, in all parts of the world there are these towns. Some of greater or lesser accessibility.

Resources: citing our constitution article 12 section 3

"The natural resources of Asgardia can be exclusive governmental property, property of their companies, public-private property, private property, personal property, as well as other assets in accordance with the law of Asgardia." It sounds nice but sabotages me a bit (it will be one of the main points where they will attack me) anyone who reads article 12 completely will realize that it is more thought for the exploitation of space resources, no nation would cede the resources of a town for much that they do not know their existence but they can reach commercial exploitation agreements, this allows us to generate a source of income and jobs for our people. We remain on earth and even as your servant as many wish to think of the stars we are still stuck in our planet so I try to adjust my proposals to a terrestrial thought subject to laws and other governmental restrictions to try to give a foundation, a point of support on which our nation can lean to make the much desired jump to the stars.

There are more settlements in Mexico and I could bet my hands that they exist in their countries of origin, places whose governments have forgotten that they can be rescued and take advantage of this flourishing nation.

Variant 2: the purchase and repopulation of abandoned islands

The proposal is the same for both cases the only difference in this is that instead of contemplating a town I focus more on the recovery of islands, there are islands that were abandoned for various reasons and that can be rescued as in the case of villages there will be some that for ethical reasons are discarded but even ignoring the endless islands forgotten by God there are islands that for xo and reason are for sale that asgardia could acquire, some are moderately accessible and place a quick list. Some are rich in flora and fauna so they can be exploited either as tourist points or as points of congregation, how would manage these resources would be in charge of the economic and ecological areas.

Abandoned islands

Suakin

Hashima

Pollepel

Islands for sale

Orivaru: A completely virgin island of the Maldives

Price: 11 million euros.

Ruskin / Apollo Beach, in Florida

Price: 5 million euros.

The private island of Tiger Woods, in Sweden

Price: 6 million euros.

Alligator Caye Parcel, in the Caribbean

Price: 90,000 euros

spanish/español (Limite de caracteres)

https://asgardia.space/en/blog/80666-propuesta-territorial-9-adquisicioacuten-y-repoblacioacuten/

Dec 29, 18 / Cap 27, 02 18:10 UTC

It's a great idea. However, the challenge is the "red tape" that bogs this process down.

In the United States, abandoned towns are still "owned" by someone --- whether it be a person, company, county, or government.

If people, en mass, begin to resettle these areas and "claim" them, someone with authority will come along and demand back tax payments, back water bill payments, etc, along with making the new comers jump through several more hoops for licensing, permitting, and all of that.

Also, there may be the criminal charge of "trespassing" since someone who may own the abandoned town may not want anyone settling it as the owner would then be legal and financially responsible for MANY things in order to stay in compliance.

The idea is great in theory. In the United States, we also have this same theory for reclaiming "abandoned" or empty homes and buildings for the homeless. In many cases, we cannot legally simply because of the process I described above.

Dec 29, 18 / Cap 27, 02 21:08 UTC

the idea is designed to buy the villages, there will be countries where it will be more complicated than others but will allow a territory, but even if we can not revive a forgotten town we can choose to buy an island and at least exploit it as a tourist spot, culture. The idea of having a territory is to generate income to the nation, a medium-term investment.

spanish :

la idea esta pensada para comprar los poblados, habran paises en los que sera mas complicado que otros pero permitira un territorio, pero aun si no podemos revivir un poblado olvidado podemos optar por comprar una isla y almenos explotarla ya sea como punto turistico, zona de cultivo. la idea de tener un territorio es poder generar ingresos a la nacion, una invercion a mediano plazo

Dec 30, 18 / Cap 28, 02 00:55 UTC

Asgardia is a Space Kingdom

Asgardia could in partnership with the UN work in some territory of poor countries in exchange for the supply of technology, medicines, schools, humanitarian aid, through the altruism of its citizens

Happy New Year for everyone

Dec 30, 18 / Cap 28, 02 05:02 UTC

I have no money, no engineering skills, and do not have the equipment to build a space station, or anything that can get to the moon. But I promise you this, I have a better chance of getting to the Moon on my own with zero help, than Igor does of actually putting an Asgardian flag on the moon let alone having Asgardia become more than just a website and documents with in the UN.