Jun 18, 17 / Leo 01, 01 21:28 UTC

Re: Asgardian Constitution: Proposals for Changes  

RedLila I ask for clarification on your opposition. I am only tracking support of changes and support for a section of the constitution 'as is' if you feel no change is needed. You seem to want changes of your own but I would need them more explicit. Same for a vote of as is. 

Jun 18, 17 / Leo 01, 01 22:49 UTC

Proposed change: I propose an amendment to Article 16.8 That reads as follows:  No referenda or vote put to the people may be posed as an ultimatum. All referenda or vote put to the people must have a second option in opposition.

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 13:23 UTC

My mistake Sritterbush, the initial post mentioned opposing amendments and so I was responding to amendments proposed by others and giving grounds for that opposition.

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 13:42 UTC

I support Jean1880's amendment to 33.13.

(apols if this has been built upon since - I support the idea of setting short deadlines on reforming parliament)

Last edited by:  Matt Burgess (Asgardian)  on Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 13:57 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 13:54 UTC

I propose an amendment to Article 6.1 (or really, adding a new clause following 6.1) that reads (somewhat) as follows:

Asgardian citizenship shall be extended (bestowed upon?) those who have visited space and through their efforts have furthered the Asgardian principles of scientific discovery, equality and humanity. 

--

In summary - give citizenship to astronauts/cosmonauts to thank them for helping establish not just the nation but the foundation it exists upon, so long as their service was in keeping with the ideals of Asgardia (i.e. not military based).

I'm not precious on the wording but I think the sentiment is clear. And useful for a fledgling Asgardia!

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 05:20 UTC

@RedLila

I gave guidelines for how the opposition is tracked. This isn't to try restricting anyone's voice, just to keep the details manageable for me. 

A vote in support of the base article is a vote in opposition of proposed edits to that article. Alternatively, you can back a different edit, as is taking place with Article 33.3 where two edits are proposed.

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 22:33 UTC

Because I do not claim the use of an app to link comments and discussions for each paragraph of the constitution, something like a wiki, so Igor A. and the others should also put their clarifications, as did the 15/06

I repeat discussion paragraph by paragraph, until achieving a general consensus (obviuosly with time limit)

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 04:20 UTC

Anyone ever consider using GitHub as a collaboration tool for building legal docs?

The German Government uses open source for its legal systems. And, I used it to construct an alternate Constitution as well. We could certainly do this with the current Constitution and let everyone have their say.

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 05:09 UTC

You forgot to post the link to your constitution here.

I say your that as it was started before the Asgardia was submitted so it's not a version of it really is it

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 08:35 UTC

Sorry Protean I missed that one I'm used to seeing it in every comment

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 12:48 UTC

Lack of signatures, lag in posts, etc. This forum code is bogglingly bad. If there were another official way to communicate and be seen by the Asgardian membership, I'd use it in a heartbeat.

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 17:16 UTC

One problem. If you notice in Lena's latest live stream, the colony will be on the moon (you have mentioned mars), and an orbital habitable platform will be in space in 8-10 years. Also when you finish your compilation could you please post it in the area for petitions?

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 23:41 UTC

@Zahira thanks for chiming in.

The example of Mars was just an example, not a true suggestion. As you've noted there is no intention of anything on Mars at this time. I've avoided submitting any real edits of my own to maintain neutrality as owner of the thread.

Regarding finishing the compilation, I do not have a set date to cease taking suggestions. Perhaps when the constitution is approved and a parliament begins reviewing community suggestions, that would be a good closing point.

Do you have any edits you'd like to suggest?

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 02:04 UTC

We seem to have run out of proposals. If this thread goes a full week without anything new, I'll submit it to petitions.

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 09:21 UTC

I think that it should be other ways to remove the Head of Nation. He/She can appoint (and remove) the General Prosecutor, so he/she can put someone on that position that can be controlled be him/her, so I think that the General Prosecutor should be elected by all Asgardians, and that the Head of Nation should be Dismissed if a majority of Asgardians vote for that in referendum (with the percentage of 60% or more of Asgardians). That referendum should be convened if more than 50,000 Asgardians sign for a proposal.

And an extra proposal is to create a webpage for institutional proposals.

Last edited by:  Alvaro Gonzalez Rando (Asgardian)  on Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 09:25 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Added more ideas.