May 8, 17 / Gem 16, 01 13:33 UTC

Strong Immigration Policy Needed - that all citizens need to follow.  

I believe that allowing refugees will somewhere down the line lead to people taking advantage or trying to destroy the nation. Asgardia should help in relocating refugees back to the country of origin or closest option, Asgardia needs to be united with the decision of refugee policy & it needs to be implemented strongly. We can not allow what is happening in Europe at the moment to become part of Asgaridians daily life or expect hard working people to pay for others that wont work, there could be strict rationing & taking in refugees will impact this & Asgardians will suffer, A country should be looking after their own citizens & it should not be up to another country to look after non citizens.

May 8, 17 / Gem 16, 01 14:10 UTC

Given that Asgardia has an 'open enrollment' policy when it comes to citizenship, there aren't refugees. There are just citizens and non-citizens.

WCD

May 9, 17 / Gem 17, 01 07:02 UTC

At the moment Asgardia has not yet been recognized as a state. So there are no citizenship status available, nor a place for a refugee to escape to in Asgardia for now. If you have any other questions let us know.

May 27, 17 / Can 07, 01 18:55 UTC

If Asgardia is to form as a nation and we are to accept refugees. Considering our entry applications will become more stringent and secure, they should you classed as a minority group of 'Temporary Citizens'

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 18:06 UTC

I disagree with rl53's views. If Asgardia were to become a place refugees could escape to, not allowing them entry would directly conflict with Asgardia's purpose and goals. In the About page the first sentence says that Asgarida is "open to all." And in the paragraph after it states, "Citizenship is open to anyone regardless of the country of origin, nationality, location, age, gender, sex, race, etc."

If the concern is them not contributing to society, then the solution shouldn't be blocking entry, it should be providing education and training to them so that they can help add to the community.

Of course, if Asgardia were to be a place that people can inhabit there would need to be policies in place. I just don't think we should deny someone entry because they're a refugee or they don't have the skills we need yet. But since Asgardia is only an online community right now, anyone and everyone can be a citizen and this won't be an issue until further down the future.

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 21:44 UTC

Additionally, should it receive recognition as a state, I assume membership in the United Nations would be the next logical step, at which point adherence to certain international norms and conventions would be expected if not required. Such bans stand in contravention of a number of such norms and treaties and are thus illegal under international law. I do not see the wisdom in requesting membership in the international community if one of the first steps would be to flout its way of life. 

Oct 3, 17 / Sco 24, 01 14:41 UTC

I know this is very old, but what you are saying is against the Constitution of Asgardia, which states that all humans are equal and can become a citizen of our Nation.
Asgardia will provide safety, education, healthcare and opportunities.

Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 14:56 UTC

What on Earth are you babbling on about??? Refugees? Huh? All you need is an e-mail address to be a "citizen" of this illegal "Nation".

Oh, why is Asgardia illegal? Glad you asked...

http://www.unoosa.org/oosa/en/ourwork/spacelaw/treaties/outerspacetreaty.html

Article II

Outer space, including the moon and  other celestial bodies, is not subject to national appropriation by  claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other  means.

https://asgardia.space/en/page/chronicles/Asgardia-1-Enters-Space-Establishing-the-Space-Nation-Sovereign-Territory

Asgardia-1 Enters Space, Establishing the Space Nation’s Sovereign Territory

Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 18:02 UTC

"Being a Space Nation is allowed, if it wasn't,  the UN would have already said something to our leader!"

Want to make a side bet on whether or not they are already talking? ;-)

The announcement was only 8 days ago.

Asgardia is in blatant violation of UN Treaty.

http://www.unoosa.org/oosa/en/ourwork/spacelaw/treaties/outerspacetreaty.html

Article II

"Outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, is not subject  to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or  occupation, or by any other  means."

On November 13, in   violation of international treaty, "Asgardia" decides to make the  following ridiculous (and illegal) claim anyway!

https://asgardia.space/en/page/chronicles/Asgardia-1-Enters-Space-Establishing-the-Space-Nation-Sovereign-Territory

Asgardia-1 Enters Space, Establishing the Space Nation’s Sovereign Territory

Updated  on Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 18:05 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: formatting

Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 18:56 UTC

I'm pretty sure you are not reading any of my replies since you still seem to cling to what you've been told by obviously ignorant people.

There is also this (if you care to read it):

http://www.unoosa.org/oosa/en/ourwork/spacelaw/treaties/registration-convention.html

Article II

1. When a space object is launched into earth orbit or beyond, the  launching State shall register the space object by means of an entry in  an appropriate registry which it shall maintain. Each launching State  shall inform the Secretary-General of the United Nations of the  establishment of such a registry.

2. Where there are two or more launching States in respect of any  such space object, they shall jointly determine which one of them shall  register the object in accordance with paragraph 1 of this article,  bearing in mind the provisions of article  VIII of the Treaty on Principles Governing the Activities of States in  the Exploration and Use of Outer Space, including the Moon and Other  Celestial Bodies, and without prejudice to appropriate agreements  concluded or to be concluded among the launching States on jurisdiction  and control over the space object and over any personnel thereof.

3. The contents of each registry and the conditions under which it is  maintained shall be determined by the State of registry concerned.

What entitles you to ignore this convention, and just declare that your satellite is a "Nation"? That's ridiculous. You have to be both extraordinarily naive and overly obstinate to think you could.

Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 22:53 UTC

"We complied with articLe 2 and registered it!"

You missed the entire point of what I just posted, and you completely ignored what the UN Treaty has to say about it.

Obstinate: adjective - 1. firmly or stubbornly adhering to one's purpose, opinion, etc.; not yielding to argument, persuasion, or entreaty,  2. characterized by inflexible persistence or an unyielding attitude

Nov 24, 17 / Sag 20, 01 22:48 UTC

I think the selection of refugees

Dec 5, 17 / Cap 03, 01 15:31 UTC

You do realize that refugees or people from any state or from no state have every bit as much right to this future, possible-one-day state, right?  What did you do to earn your citizenship in your country of origin, whether that's Europe or America or where ever?  You inherited it from people who built up that nation, and it is your right in a very real sense.  But what did you do to earn your Asgardian citizenship?  You took 2 minutes to fill out a username and password on a website.  If stateless persons are willing to put in as much or more work and dedication to make Asgardia become a reality, why can't they join?  Also, people from those regions and situations are already welcome to register for Asgardian citizenship.

Sep 21, 18 / Sco 12, 02 18:56 UTC

So whats next? someone proposing we build a Space Wall?

Sep 24, 18 / Sco 15, 02 03:17 UTC

Asgardian 890679

Whilst it's true that under the current treaty on outer space we cannot declare sovereignty over space, one of the aims of Asgardia is to develop  space law, which by virtue would benefit the UN in a number of ways considering existing geopolitical issues revolving space use and its sovereignty.

Furthermore and more directly to the point, the U.S.A is the place where the launch happened, therefore falling into U.S. jurisdiction and the conditions of said jurisdiction were satisfied by Asgardia. (Else the launch wouldn't have happened, right?)

So I believe thus that if any country on earth has an issue with Asgardia-1's satellite, then it partly becomes the United State's issue as well in that they'd be accountable if anything goes substantially wrong. 

I look forward to hearing from you.