Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 21:45 UTC

Re: All Asgardians should have protection and military training?  

I think first aid should be mandatory for all Asgardians.

Mar 23, 17 / Ari 26, 01 04:58 UTC

Everyone should be prepared but we need to develop weapon that don't need metal bullets to kill. Or fight

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 02:52 UTC

Duskclaw your not really wrong but I think basic hand to hand is needed for defending and taking on threats. In the U.S. navy are there not navy troops trained to board enemy ships in case? They have to have training, you can't hand a person a gun and equipment and expect them to know how to use it. Other than that, your point isn't bad, it's very good really.

Last edited by:  Boone Johnson (Asgardian)  on Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 03:33 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Auto correct

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 03:45 UTC

Solkiro I wish I could shake your hand, you definelty understand we should be prepared and not expect to be left alone and no issues, you have to be a dumbass and no prepare for a fight at least, thank you for actually thinking unlike half of these idiots.

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 03:54 UTC

Hello Boonejohn97, Nice to meet you here, may I respectfully ask that you not refer to others as "idiots". May I mention also I have found that respecting others perspectives in debate is often the best way to come to a consensus. thank you so much.

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 04:02 UTC

Sorry, it just makes me mad how blind people are, I'd love for peace but for this generation it may not happen Till we all die and They expect it to go perfect. I am sorry, just hard to hold back.

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 04:08 UTC

I will do my best to refrain.

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 04:09 UTC

No problem @Boonejohn97 Thank you for your understanding on the matter.

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 04:20 UTC

You don't "expect it to go perfect" - that's just idiocy and deserves such a label - you engineer it to happen.

Updated  on Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 04:21 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 04:21 UTC

Not a problem, I'm just very open to asgardia and don't wanna risk all the work for nothing, you know like getting it set up and almost ready then it get hit by a missile or something come crashing into orbit. I know a bit much but not everyone is peaceful, Or at least not for long. I'm sorry just space is one of my major passions, I'm trying to join the navy and Study, subjects needed to work and be space. So understand I wouldn't want to do all that then it goes down the drain because people didn't want to willing to defend or fight. So if i go to far just say something. And i do get their points

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 04:22 UTC

People will always find a way to ruin it. 9/11 is a perfect example of that. We thought nothing could happen to our land then it happened.

Apr 1, 17 / Tau 07, 01 03:13 UTC

I think we can learn from history to answer this question. Not everyone is willing to fight. In cases where countries require all citizens to spend a number of years in the military, this is not always welcome. We must also consider the placement of Asgardia. How will the other nations view this?

With so many nations on Earth, the more advanced nations will certainly take note of Asgardia "crossing" their borders. We already see nations taking issue with simple satellites crossing borders or peeking in, for fear of potential espionage. Satellites have been lost this way. Now imagine their fear of a space station full of soldiers floating over their heads. This may also be a breach of the weaponization of space, as a military has weapons. With a full military in orbit, it would be simple enough to deploy into any location on Earth within hours via shuttles or drop pods. Earth-based nations know this, and would surely create countermeasures or plans for this. This turns Asgardia into a target then, with weapons poised on the station. In the station is hit, and entire nation could be wiped out.

Thus, I think it better if Asgardia remains neutral as is the current plan. Since citizens are permitted to have duel citizenship, if anything, the various nations of the world would be providing military training FOR Asgardia. This creates a broad mix of military and civilian talent with no cost to Asgardia.

I've stated in another thread the benefits of martial arts, and I think that it is the best way to go. Not everyone wants to fight, or is willing to learn, so they don't need to. But those who seek to defend themselves may take up martial arts. And as stated earlier in the thread, martial artists are respected, so having a space nation where much of the population knows martial arts should only increase the nation's standing in the public eye. It also generates a sense of pride for the citizenry. (Not to mention interesting martial arts tournaments between Earth and Asgardia, or just on Asgardia!)

Apr 1, 17 / Tau 07, 01 03:27 UTC

Hello Sean,

The martial arts idea is a good one but, it does not work well for folks who aren't able to walk and such. Citizens with disabilities would need an alternative way to protect themselves. Which makes it difficult to have all citizens receive ma training

Apr 1, 17 / Tau 07, 01 03:50 UTC

Very true, Brandon. Martial arts isn't for everyone, and those with physical or mental disabilities may find it difficult to even perform. I don't know what would be a good alternative for people in that category, or if they even should.

Honestly, I don't think we have anything to fear of being struck by a missile early on. During such a stage, most of the Asgardian population wouldn't be on the station, and the political backlash towards any nation for the unprovoked attack would be astronomical, not just by the Asgardian population. Attacking a non-hostile entity would only lead to the aggressor being shamed on the world stage, and harm them economically. As long as Asgardia is not the aggressor, it should be safe. Even if only the aggressor declares war, public opinion across the world would likely turn against them as long as Asgardia doesn't return a declaration of war.

Apr 1, 17 / Tau 07, 01 05:48 UTC

I think basic hand to hand maybe like boxing maybe or something better would be good, martial arts isn't for everyone. But that should be 1 of 3 of the mandatories