Mar 25, 17 / Tau 00, 01 04:35 UTC

Re: Armoury / Official Service Rifle?  

You can make them easy enough - ofc if you've no access to room temperature superconductors this might be a headache, and assuming you'd plan on launching more than a paper clip with more than enough force to give a fly a headache then you're likely to need a significant power source. A few gigawatts would be about right.

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 22:55 UTC

I'm currently designing them I believe a double helix rail will be rather useful it will allow the projectile to spin and allow us to put far more power into a smaller barrel all it would need is a piece of solid iron or a glass tube with a copper shell the glass tube can be filled with a substance to make penatration easier

Mar 29, 17 / Tau 04, 01 22:59 UTC

That's dangerous on the space station, EyeR you complain firearms are bad for a station you even argue on non lethal rounds, yet your okay with a rail gun?!?!?

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 07:00 UTC

I can probably bring the power down so it will fire with the same force rubber bullets have that way it won't punch through the hull we should have rail guns outside of the station to shoot down any missiles that could be fired at us infact I think a full planetary defence system would be a good idea

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 15:09 UTC

Okay, that's a better idea :)

Mar 31, 17 / Tau 06, 01 11:51 UTC

Two words: 

LASER TASERS                                   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolaser 

For space combat however, small darts could be used to puncture space suits.

Last edited by:  Alexander Clegg (Asgardian)  on Apr 5, 17 / Tau 11, 01 11:57 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 31, 17 / Tau 06, 01 19:04 UTC

Pizza, lasers would do worse damage, than a dart. Yeah might penatrate a space suit but would you be shooting a hand held weapon outside of the station meant to knock out someone?

Last edited by:  Boone Johnson (Asgardian)  on Apr 2, 17 / Tau 08, 01 05:02 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Grammer

Apr 4, 17 / Tau 10, 01 13:42 UTC

I've come up with a design for the ammo of my rail gun riffle its a vile made of electo and thermal isolative plastic with a copper sleeve it's filled with neon gas as a normal round and hydrogen as insendiary rounds when it hits the target the plastic shatters releasing the plasma into the target so far it's able to punch through half a inch of steel

Apr 4, 17 / Tau 10, 01 20:25 UTC

Save that for when we need lethal, unless you mean for defense turrets

Apr 5, 17 / Tau 11, 01 05:34 UTC

We need a standing army and this tech sounds perfect for it  for non-lethal fire we could fill the shells with non washable dye that way we can shoot criminals with it an if they manage to get away they will still be marked and we would have a better chance to catch them plus it will hurt alot

Last edited by:  mechnokie davis (Asgardian)  on Apr 5, 17 / Tau 11, 01 13:35 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Apr 5, 17 / Tau 11, 01 15:03 UTC

Smart

Apr 6, 17 / Tau 12, 01 00:21 UTC

We should also build a network of god rods orbiting the planet that way if we end up going to war with a nation we can use the god rods to Target their military installations and wipe out their military from orbit

Apr 10, 17 / Tau 16, 01 01:43 UTC

Not to be hasty but we don't need to a blip on the radar for that. Not a nad idea, but i honestly think just for asteroid or enemy crafts, not to orbital bomb

Apr 10, 17 / Tau 16, 01 07:56 UTC

Laser rifle

Apr 11, 17 / Tau 17, 01 04:01 UTC

Very unsafe, we would risk a hull breach worse than a bullet gun. Metal bullets