It's raining something that strangely looks like an aerodynamic metal rod.

Total number of votes: 21

23.8% Missile defense is a wise move to prevent any accidents costing hundreds, if not thousands, of lives.

0% Missile defense is pointless seeing as Earthly assets would not abandon a major humanitarian project like Asguardia.

19.0% One Humanity, One Community. We are Asguardia, we will protect Earth. Missile defense would make us seem hostile.

19.0% I like the idea of missile defense, but kinetic bombs seem a little far. We're trying to protect humanity, not give our monarch a way to threaten the world's population.

28.6% I agree with the idea of defense and deterrent. We should not be a sitting ducks. We have a mission to adhere to and no one can hinder our dream. Humanity will explore the cosmos and we need the means to prevent attacks, deter them, and retailiate.

9.5% I disagree with the idea of defense and deterrent. We have the possibility to be backed by many of today's major militarized nations. We will be the ISS of nations. We will stand for One Humanity, and even in times of war, our allies will preserve us.

Jun 10, 17 / Can 21, 01 05:58 UTC

Let's talk missiles.  

There are 196 countries in the world, what's to say that every country will approve of this mission? What about any hostilities towards a space station? Why should we rely on Earth-based nations to protect us? 

I'm not saying Asguardia becomes a militarized wonderland, but what precautions will we have for the worst possible scenario? Now, I know this will draw negative feedback, but some sort of kinetic bomb may be a deterrent for nations when paired with a missile defense system. 

We have to think about our wellbeing, and the values we stand for. If a nation is attacking us, somehow, and we're left to fend for ourselves what shall we do? I know it's unlikely, but in the case that it does happen, what's the counterargument? Take it like a good little space station?

I strongly believe that nations allied to Asguardia would understand. 

If we are scholars and scientists trying to preserve humanity, why would we need to use any sort of aggression? Save being provoked by a nation and abandoned by our allies? Or, who's to say that our allies would be able to deter an attack? 

We wouldn't even have to ever drop a bomb, unless we've taken a hit.

These are things to think about.

Jun 10, 17 / Can 21, 01 06:00 UTC

Haha, I've been spelling Asgardia wrong. To lazy to edit, you all get it though lol.

Jun 10, 17 / Can 21, 01 22:40 UTC

We should have a system set in place to destroy any incoming missiles we should also have god rod stations in the event of a war we could just destroy the enimies military bases and installations from orbit

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 16:27 UTC

Hey, thanks for the reply! I completely agree with you.

Jun 17, 17 / Leo 00, 01 22:58 UTC

Only for incoming object or attacks yes, but issue is that maybe to far