Feb 10, 17 / Pis 13, 01 00:05 UTC

The Planetary Defense System of the Planetary Society  

Today I joined the Planetary Society as a basic member. I was reading through their current projects and many are, of course, relevant to Asgardia. What caught my eye though was their proposal for a defense system to protect the planet from large object impacts. This is relevant to one of Asgardia's primary missions. Do we currently have any connections or other contacts in the Planetary Society? Maybe a joined effort can be discussed between The Planetary Society and Asgardia on this. I will see who I can contact within the Planetary Society.

Edit: They will have a discussion about it on Feburary 16th: http://www.planetary.org/get-involved/events/2017/incoming-studying-and-avoiding-neos.html

Last edited by:  George Vanderslice (Asgardian)  on Feb 10, 17 / Pis 13, 01 01:51 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 01:30 UTC

Hello! I am also a member of the Planetary Society and I support them. I think it was a great idea to post this discussion. I Think its possible for Asgardia and the Planetary Society to work together.