Apr 18, 17 / Tau 24, 01 10:14 UTC

how should we handle bad press  

i bring this up because i see lots of videos on youtube about Asgardia claiming that we are some kind of cult or that we are the Illuminati ill just link the one video i came across tonight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sXgOybtqjY  let me know what you think are there any legal actions we can take to help stop this slanderous nonsense 

Apr 18, 17 / Tau 24, 01 10:26 UTC

In most jurisdictions, slander is a two part test:

1. The statement made has to be able to be proven as false. So how do you prove that Asgardia has no association with an organisation that has apparently lived in the shadows for centuries?

2. The false statement has to cause quantifiable damage to the subject's reputation. To this I say, what reputation? There has been an announcement that got some media attention, but that is about it.

So in short, nothing can be done. You just have to let idiots be idiots and not argue with them - otherwise they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Updated  on Apr 18, 17 / Tau 24, 01 13:15 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Apr 18, 17 / Tau 24, 01 11:38 UTC

Ugh. All the religious imagery.

Idiots will be idiots. This is not 'press', this is people making personal YouTube videos.

SUG

Apr 18, 17 / Tau 24, 01 12:03 UTC

all good points Scarbs. i dont know why but that level of ignorance just drives me mad and i see it just about everywhere i go. im probably just overreacting i guess and should just ignore it.  

Last edited by:  Justin Roberts (Asgardian)  on May 2, 17 / Gem 10, 01 11:03 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Apr 18, 17 / Tau 24, 01 12:11 UTC

Comment deleted

Updated  on Jun 15, 17 / Can 26, 01 15:52 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: "This user no longer wishes to be associated with a tin pot banana republic"

Apr 19, 17 / Tau 25, 01 05:45 UTC

The best thing to do is to ignore those guys.  At this point, that video is the equivalent to neighborhood gossip.  As far as actual press goes, I'd say we got pretty positive exposure.