Apr 21, 17 / Tau 27, 01 20:16 UTC

Cryonics: Invest in the idea of being able to be around when space colonisation & Asgardia becomes reality.  

Face it, space exploration and colonisation are rather distant activities. Asgardia is a great idea, but to say it's currently in the early stages is an understatement. If you're truly interested in this stuff, why not have your body cryonically preserved when you die? There's a decent chance science will be able to revive you in the medium to medium-long term future. Granted its just a chance. But a small chance is better the certainly of missing out. Just a random thought. cryonics.org

Apr 22, 17 / Gem 00, 01 11:40 UTC

In a sci-fi anime show, Cowboy Bebop, one of the main characters gets cryogenically preserved and awakened fifty years later. 

The lab who ressurect her then ask that she pays the resuscitation fees. 

She spends the rest of her life with a huge financial debt, not to mention her memory loss because of the process. 

My point is, in the path of cryogenics, there's a large possibility that corporations will be tempted to use your very life to get more profit. Which is very dangerous. In the possible case of memory loss, corporate military forces could also be tempted into giving you implanted memories instead, and convince you that you should do their bidding. 

I don't know. I'm still very sceptical about the idea.  

Apr 23, 17 / Gem 01, 01 17:19 UTC

@Skie,

You are referring to Faye Valentine and the my funny valentine session

@Rjz,

I rather doubt that science is anywhere near having that capability, the cryogenic process freezes the water in your body producing ice crystals that, damage your cells effectively killing them and scienctists would first have to find a way to prevent that from happening before cryogenic ressurection is possible