Is a visit from ET OR Paul possible?

Total number of votes: 15

46.7% Yes

53.3% No

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 20:37 UTC

Does anyone think it possible that ET might just stop by for a visit?  

Since the galaxy let alone the universe is so massive and life has not been proven to be exclusive to Earth does anyone else think it possible that an advanced alien race might drop in for a visit?

Jan 19, 17 / Aqu 19, 01 17:19 UTC

We are quite distant from most things, though a biologist might travel far to study something unique, or a resource gatherer might travel far for something rare.

The biologist doesn't interfere with what he observes however, and you wouldn't expect anything ants had to say to be of much value. And good luck negotiating with a ship in orbit capable of extracting a planet's core or removing oceans.

I'd say, at least in absolute terms, there isn't much here worth study or stealing.

Jan 24, 17 / Aqu 24, 01 16:33 UTC

I'm sorry, it's a no from me. I think the universe is full of aliens, just look at the Drake equation. The universe is simply too vast in space and time to make it likely. I think it's rather more likely that we may one day stumble on some simple biochemistry or an unintelligent ecosystem.

Last edited by:  Stephen Howell (Asgardian)  on Jan 24, 17 / Aqu 24, 01 16:34 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 27, 17 / Aqu 27, 01 04:35 UTC

Aliens / extraterrestrials / extraterrestrial intelligence etc. are 100% real. They have already stopped by on numerous occasions, and these visits have been documented by researchers and experts such as Dr. Steven Greer, Barbara Marciniak, Dr. David Icke and CSETI (extraterrestrial investigation / research project). Several countries have openly released accounts of alleged aliens; accounts that could not be described by weather balloons, military activity, satellites, drones, or any other common-sense factor.

I would link you to the relevant information and government white papers, but outside links are not permitted.

I personally have contacted / flagged down extraterrestrial crafts, though I will not retell the story because I doubt my account would be believed.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 10:29 UTC

I think it is quite possible.The universe is so big that is rather arrogancy to think trhat we are the only intelligent beings .I think yhe cosnos it timing with life.Only we weren?t developed enough to be interesting to more developed rases.

Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 01:57 UTC

deleted

Updated  on May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 19:02 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: leaving asgardia

Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 06:25 UTC

hohoho possibly, et saw an open post of space transportation engineer in some earth company & come 2 attend the interview, unlucky they thought et is "not qualified", thus et go home

Feb 12, 17 / Pis 15, 01 22:32 UTC

I am going to have to sit on the fence for this one. My thoughts? Yes, and no. Yes, well, because why not? No, because too many inconsistencies in evidence. Only proofs. That's not enough. Now, if I were an advanced life form that had the capability of interstellar travel the last thing I want to do is show up and say hello to inferior creatures that do not possess the nice toys I have. A human's microprocessor would be equivalent to a primitive Sumerian abacus and satellites in space would be like school science fair projects in hopes to get a blue ribbon. What I would do is what we as humans do; stay silent and observe. Learn. Collect. Dissect these creatures like a frog in class. Maybe put a few in a maze to chase after a cheese in the center point or a dollar bill. Whatever the case it seems a lot more sensible that just dropping in for a drink with the local apes is pointless and non-productive. I could also mine for resources or see the lack of it and let the humans be and move on to a more interesting touring spot. As for no, well, even though Drake's equation can be taken into consideration and would be plausible, the chances of us bumping into another race of equal or more level intelligence is slim to none because of distance alone. We would be long extinct before someone showed up. We'd be fossils open for speculation and theory for the rest of the universe.

Last edited by:  Reinaldo Torna (Asgardian)  on Feb 12, 17 / Pis 15, 01 22:37 UTC, Total number of edits: 4 times

Feb 18, 17 / Pis 21, 01 23:19 UTC

Has anyone told you that we are ET? All of us are. Mixed races. Thats was earth is. So yes, see you there ;)

Updated  on Feb 18, 17 / Pis 21, 01 23:20 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 19, 17 / Pis 22, 01 00:21 UTC

Whatever you are on I would like to have some of that, too, please. Thanks.

Last edited by:  Reinaldo Torna (Asgardian)  on Feb 19, 17 / Pis 22, 01 00:22 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 19, 17 / Pis 22, 01 00:25 UTC

The Earth is constantly visited by various ET groups. Every person incarnated upon Earth at this moment is actually a human/ET hybrid.

The Earth has been quarantined for thousands of years, and as most of the visiting ET groups don't want to appear as violating the Earth quarantine, they do not reveal themselves.

Feb 19, 17 / Pis 22, 01 00:27 UTC

So many proofs but still no solid evidence. Nice try though. Also, I want to know what science fiction novels you've been reading. I am seriously interested.

Last edited by:  Reinaldo Torna (Asgardian)  on Feb 19, 17 / Pis 22, 01 00:28 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 20, 17 / Pis 23, 01 21:38 UTC

@John A Covert

There must be an echo in this thread. Yep there is. The classic copy-paste. Nice.

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/off-topic-15/topic/lets-think-about-aliens-2770/

Last edited by:  Reinaldo Torna (Asgardian)  on Feb 20, 17 / Pis 23, 01 21:39 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Feb 21, 17 / Pis 24, 01 01:03 UTC

Covert is too funny.

Feb 21, 17 / Pis 24, 01 14:22 UTC

Let us postulate for a moment.

For what reasons would humanity fling itself across the stars and visit an alien species?

1) Because we like exploring and meeting new people.

2) Because we need a new place to live (which might mean the 'visit' was accidental).

Now, turning this around, these would be the likeliest reasons why an alien would visit us, here on Earth.

===========

If it is option 1, there would be a tremendous amount of investment of resources involved. Technologies would need to exist that we do not presently know how to make, so the visiting species would have a severe technological advantage. Encountering an alien species that is technologically advanced enough, and possess enough resources, to 'explore' our solar system casually means we would be fairly insignificant enough as a species.

They (the aliens) should realize that making its presence known to our species would cause an inferiority complex whereby we'd need to expand up to their level of technology and power (especially if they have been watching ANY of our behavior and news broadcasts). They might consider gifting us their technology, but our willingness to make war and murder our own people would likely cause them to have second, third, and probably even fourth thoughts about sharing star-spanning technology with such a warlike species that would have even fewer problems with making war on other species.

===========

So, how about option 2?

That would go even less well for us, if we happen to live on the habitable planet they can live upon. As technologically superior beings, they would take over. They might be benign and benevolent and keep us around like pets, or possibly even close-to-equals, but given we are already straining our planetary resources I can't imagine they'd think that 'culling the human herd' would be best for them and for the planet, in the same fashion that we do the same for our animals.

===========

So, no, I don't think ET would stop for a visit. Anyone who does, we should probably be worried about because they are either lacking in a sense of self-preservation, or coming to take our stuff.

Updated  on Feb 21, 17 / Pis 24, 01 14:25 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times
Reason: Formatting