Sep 10, 17 / Sco 01, 01 10:53 UTC

Why Asgard Month Comes In between June And July...  

Then We Follow This Why Currect GREGORIAN Calendar Is Good as Well...

Dec 5, 17 / Cap 03, 01 05:13 UTC

Good question:

Asgardia uses the International Fixed Calendar (IFC) to which I have been advocating personally for a very long time.
The IFC is a 13 month 28 day perpetual calendar. When people talk IFC they usually insert the 13th month right in the middle that way the rest of the months are approximately where they were before, so that they can limit calendar shock. The IFC has a tremendous amount of advantages. 

Here is my post talking in depth about the IFC:

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/bug-reports-website-and-forum-12/topic/asgardian-datetime-doesnt-make-sense-8202/?post=37539#37539

Last edited by:  James O'Neill (Asgardian)  on Mar 5, 18 / Ari 08, 02 23:00 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Mar 5, 18 / Ari 08, 02 06:41 UTC

How is the time mensured in Asgardia. I mean, the calender of Asgardia has 13 months of 28 days each, but thats days are of 24 hours... in Earth. Why use as a reference the turn of the Earth on itself and around the sun, if we refer to a structure that will be in space, where a year, a month or a day could have other durations? And going beyond ... why use years. months and days to measure time?

Mar 5, 18 / Ari 08, 02 23:03 UTC

Mostly because humanity's circadian rhythm is tied to a 24 hour cycle.
If we had days that were longer or shorter, then the resulting health crisis would be huge.

If we eventually have colonies on other planets, then we will still use a 24 hour day because no matter where we are in the universe we are still humans bound by our circadian rhythm.

Although the there will also be a terrestrial calendar and clock to match the years and days for an individual planet that we may find ourselves on.

Apr 12, 18 / Tau 18, 02 07:22 UTC

"If we eventually have colonies on other planets, then we will still use a  24 hour day because no matter where we are in the universe we are still  humans bound by our circadian rhythm."

Correct! Until evolution makes its job, which I believe would happen pretty fast. A dozen of generations would be my best guess. It would be interesting/fun to do some research on this subject.