Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 12:38 UTC

Re: Active population numbers  

@Elwe Thor: 

"I wonder how Rebekah (or any other) can be sure that a picture in a profile is the "real" one of anyone, into Asgardia, having no official documents at all."

Moreover in this moment is impossibile to upload the picture so I must use default one

Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 13:33 UTC

@LoneWorf
1) English language. Probably a lot of people can read english and less can write. I can write in english even if I'm Italian but sometimes is not easy to write about souch difficult arguments as Constitution, law, religion or other. For me is a good training to improve my english but it requires a lot of time

On this side, have to tell you that @Richard Howell have been the first one speaking about the "linguistic barrier", which is a real problem.
I wonder if, instead of forcing asgardians to use English, the forum would be multilingual: that means to do, like I'm seeing many spanish motherlanguage are doing (their fault? I think not: they're correctly proud of their language), so to post each one into own motherlanguage and, who is interested into reading, just use a translator to have it readable. Maybe some kind of "justice"? ;-)
The alternative was to use an automatic translator to work on each post, basing on a per user "language setting"... but that requires money, as Google API is not given for free. But not to lose the hope, as Dr. Ashurbeyli is known to be "a billionaire" (even if I'm seeing very few money used on Asgardia).

4) People don't know existence of this forum. It's only the 11th menu item in Space Nation Menu. Probably it should be more visible as Map, Finance etc. 

Right: it seems the administration done its best to hide the forum existence... but we're having a top-utility menu 1st level item as the Map, what can you ask more?

6) People register than forgot even the existence of Asgardia. (worst case)

That should have been prevented by L2 registration level... or you mean that even who confirmed his/her data ran away (maybe 'cause they saw what happened about the "Constitutional draft and voting affair")?

P.S: sorry for any grammatical or syntactic errors 

Don't be sorry: we're not all anglophones here: at least, 70%(*) is not. ;-)))

@Elwe Thor:
"I wonder how Rebekah (or any other) can be sure that a picture in a profile is the "real" one of anyone, into Asgardia, having no official documents at all."

Moreover in this moment is impossibile to upload the picture so I must use default one

Try telling them into Bug Reports - Website and Forum. I did it recently (using Firefox browser).

(*)calculated using the first 13 countries' official languages in the list (total 173.132, anglophones 54.320 31,37%), being them 69,49% of the total asgardians number (249.153)

Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 14:14 UTC

I've added the language barrier to the petition draft :

Promote Active Citizenship in Asgardia!

There are 249103 registered Asgardians as of Asgard 9, 0001 / June 26, 2017
with 56971 citizens having ratified the constitution.
The most popular petition so far, "Looking for alternative homeland" has 93 backers.

There should be :

More e-mail contact with registered citizens. 

An investigation into the possibility of snail mail publications. 

Social and state media campaigns to raise political consciousness. 

Efforts made to facilitate greater political engagement in those Asgardian citizens who are disenfranchised by language.

This petition is to be submitted to the Ministry of Information and Communication, which should seek to further promote
political engagement amongst the citizens of Asgardia, in order to strengthen the national democratic
process and culture in Asgardia. 

Last edited by:  Stephen Howell (Asgardian)  on Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 14:24 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 15:38 UTC

@Richard Howell -  I'm glad that you resubmitted your petition. We will be releasing something this week in regards to more community support and support for the elected leaders this coming week. 

Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 22:11 UTC

Looking forward to official response and updates @RebekahBerg.

We must continuously fight voter apathy if Asgardia is to succeed. Each citizen must be active in the process of Nation building.

Jun 28, 17 / Leo 11, 01 22:45 UTC

My petition hasn't shown up yet. Could be that the admins are busy. It's a catch 22 in any case because there won't be 1000 voters to see it, lol. 

Jun 29, 17 / Leo 12, 01 13:32 UTC

@Richard Howell
My old professor of physics, when I was at school, told me that, "speaking about optics (like in photography), saying 'more than 16 meters' and 'infinitum' is the same".
I can see, here, how it applies to "petitions" also: saying "more than 100" and "infinitum" is the same. ;-)

Jun 30, 17 / Leo 13, 01 13:53 UTC

There's one small saving grace to the low engagement levels. Asgardia has attracted a lot of dreamers and idealists (I'm one of them) - but dreamers don't always know how to fix their feet to the ground. You can imagine how embarrassing it would be if a thousand people passed a petition for Asgardia to develop an "energy shield" to protect "space ships". Yes, its an actual petition!

Jun 30, 17 / Leo 13, 01 14:06 UTC

I requested from the support email address a week ago the average weekly number of unique visitors to the website. I am not even sure they got the email because I have not received any response.

I also requested in that same email what the reasoning and metrics were behind requiring 1000 people to pass a petition.

Right now we are at a week and counting. We will see.

VKU

Jun 30, 17 / Leo 13, 01 14:16 UTC

Funny you should mention it Phicksur, I heard back that they'll be answering your 1000 signatures question in the petitions FAQ when it goes online. I've been pushing for it to be done as soon as possible. :)

Jun 30, 17 / Leo 13, 01 14:27 UTC

The problem seems the ones who can really build an "energy shield" are leaving, and the ones who are still working on perpetual motion and to extract energy from the void are remaining.
But yes, I can see how that's less embarassing than to have the whole 250k asgardians writing here, so to have a completely unusable forum.

Jul 1, 17 / Leo 14, 01 10:10 UTC

Hey, hey, it's gone live! Not exciting as building an energy shield, but definitely of immediate importance : 

https://asgardia.space/en/petitions/9762-promote-active-citizenship-in-asgardia/

Please sign, thanks.