Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 11:28 UTC

current volunteers using their positions to campaign  

I would like to petition that persons currently in employment or volunteer employment, not be allowed to advertise their association with the specific regional groups that they are campaigning in.

It is my belief that to do so would give them an unfair advantage (given their existing hard work within the community) over equally capable candidates that have not volunteered in the past.
And so I petition that they not be able to advertise this advantage or be disqualified from the election process. 

This is not an attack to the volunteers or the hard work they have done so far , and after looking at the facebook groups I see that these staff do not advertise their identity so this should be possible.
It would mean that they would not be able to campaign directly on the Forum because of the thing after there name. 

I only wish to assist in providing a balanced and fair system upon which all can campaign

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 11:33 UTC

Ok, so, as I volunteered previously with the Constitutional Suggestions group, your statement is that I should be disqualified from anything that has to do with the Constitution? That's pretty broad, as that pretty much means everything in government service.

That also means that you are excluding Igor from being HoN as he also had a hand in the drafting of the Constitution. Also, the administration staff would all be excluded, etc.

Is this your intention?

JAH

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 11:39 UTC

I would like to petition that persons currently in employment or volunteer employment, not be allowed to advertise their association with the specific regional groups that they are campaigning in.

It is my belief that to do so would give them an unfair advantage (given their existing hard work within the community) over equally capable candidates that have not volunteered in the past.
And so I petition that they not be able to advertise this advantage or be disqualified from the election process. 

This is not an attack to the volunteers or the hard work they have done so far , and after looking at the facebook groups I see that these staff do not advertise their identity so this should be possible.
It would mean that they would not be able to campaign directly on the Forum because of the thing after there name. 

I only wish to assist in providing a balanced and fair system upon which all can campaign

I have highlight to make it clear

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 13:42 UTC

Hi Buck! only for information purposes, I'll copy to you to the temporary rules to make an effective petitioning https://asgardia.space/en/blog/asgardia/7163-effective-petitioning/

I found also this website https://www.ipetitions.com/ which lets create free petitions, hope this will be useful!

Last edited by:  Stephen De Rosa (Global Mod, Asgardian)  on Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 13:46 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 14:12 UTC

Well, good luck with your petition.

I am not endorsing it, of course, but that is not to say that I do not wish you luck with what you are saying. No one wants to find they stand alone on an issue.

UEU

Jun 22, 17 / Leo 05, 01 23:28 UTC

I believe full disclosure should be encouraged! If they have volunteered or are paid staff of Asgardia, then they should be allowed to disclose that fact. 

Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 19:32 UTC

Agreeing with @Ann Griffith.

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 00:39 UTC

Sorry Ann that was not what I meant.  I don't see it as fair that some of these guys who have the tag after their name are running without the need to publically tell people I've done this and this already for the group.  
and others who are actively saying hey look what I'm doing and they are if fact ignoring their region that they claim to represent.  

It should be standard for all.  if these volunteers have been an integral part of there groups then everyone knows them they should not need to campaign that they do this.  the people should already know it.  

(and what a surprise the army of bullies is ganging up again - little wonder I like many others have cancelled my membership in this group so soon after becoming a real part of it.  Why bother commenting when these people already know what you are going to say for you.... North Korea has more freedom than these select individuals allow)

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 01:54 UTC

Hi,

I would like to thank the OP of this thread for creating this position as it prompted me to have a long conversation with Asgardia Officials in regards to the leadership elections.

There will be an announcement coming out tomorrow (EST) in regards to clarifying the leadership and volunteers taking part in the process. 

I will be closing this petition as it seems that the OP has decided to leave the forums.

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg
Head of Community Affairs
NGO Asgardia