Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 07:18 UTC

Re: Petition: Cancel of the current vote and creating of a new craft of the consititution  

I support this petition.

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 10:04 UTC

I also support this petition.

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 10:38 UTC

@stryx

I strongly support that! I noticed that one too but forgot to mention it in my previous comment. The current draft is against basic legal concepts as you describe.

"8.  No penalty for not voting should be amended to the Constitution, as civic obligations must not be foist on the public lest they resent the duty and arbitrarily vote no on all issues not of interest or entertainment value to themselves.  Nor should Citizenship be subject to suspension or removal as rights are not rights with grant of privilege, while rights to participate in voting and other rewards may be suspended - let us never eject people who are human beings from our view of rights upheld by Asgardia."

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 10:39 UTC

Great petition. Voted. I think most of us wanted a change so this is the best way to do it!

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 10:41 UTC

@andyring - I don´t wanna to ruin your day, but there are only 200km (125mi) from Iraq to Azerbayian, you know...? Kind of "local" mentality?

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 11:50 UTC

I support this petition also.

The idea of a monarchy with the constitution as it stands currently is steps away from a dictatorship. The flaws within the constitution are standing against the democratic process by allowing so much power to reside with the HoS. There's just a shiny democratic polish overlay, since the HoS has the power to veto anything they don't agree with, including potential replacements.... where in that is the democratic process? 

The low numbers of votes FOR the constitution show the feeling on this.. Yet that statement can only be an estimate as there is NO other way to vote. The options are "vote YES" or "Don't vote and be forever classed as a non-citizen"

There is NO need for a monarchy when moving/looking forward into the future... This coming from a Brit too :)

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 12:21 UTC

Current Counts:

Support the Petition (19)

lorditerator
guidoV4
Silho
Elwe Thor
Rebel Alliance
petrv
Phicksur
qwert
ethernall
Scarbs
BetterMorrow
MagistraNocte
stryx
dvldvl
LoreZyra
Samsoltin
snik
Dchen
Hydda

Unclear if they support (they didn't explicitly state such) (2)

extropiste
andyring

AZZ

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 12:45 UTC

Despite I voted to accept the Constitution, I, Jason Liu, support this petition and claim the voting process to be invalid according to decrees of head of nation of Asgardia.

Last edited by:  Jason Liu (Asgardian)  on Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 12:48 UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 12:50 UTC

I agree that there are far too many flaws to support the constitution, at least the draft I was able to download on 02 Asgard 001 (10 July 2017).  After reading through it, there are at lest 2 major flaws I've identified:

• The Head of the Nation has full power to dissolve parliament, which becomes a real risk for development into a dictatorship.
  • Equality and unity of all people is a supreme value of Asgardia (good thing), but then the constitution accepts all religions as valid and practicable.  Religious dogma, by it's very nature as implemented by human beings, inevitably leads to disunity, and inevitably causes those who believe a different dogma to be treated in all respects as non-equals.  Religious dogma has no place in our space nation.

I, John Andrew Howe, hereby officially declare to support this petition.

Andrew

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 13:04 UTC

I, Matias Sorcinelli, support this petition.

There should be a option to Vote NO. There is also a lot of flaws in the current draft of the Constitution

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 13:33 UTC

I, Juan Sandubete, support this petition.

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 13:43 UTC

I support the petition.

It clearly needs some tuning...

And regarding a few comments, yeah, "kingdom" sounds totally bleh, i hope its just a misuse of terms.

About religions...while i agree that everyone has the right to follow its own or none by choice, it has clearly no business in a future global/space nation or civilisation beside the strict private sphere.  

Hopefully the total seperation of believes and state/decisions will be load and clear.

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 14:54 UTC

I support this petition.  Any constitution by a forming group should be available for input and agreement on it's form, content, and timeframe prior to a vote of acceptance and then being given no choice in the accepting of it.  I truly want to support the idea of Asgardia, but with the current version of the constitution I cannot and will not do so.  This constitution was created by a very small group of individuals, less than 1% of the 1% and grants them to much power, and allows for the highest governmental position to become hereditary.  I would support a democratic nation in space based on the pursuit of scientific ideals, and a digital one at that, I will not support what this constitution is trying to create and I ask that anyone who reads this to show their support by agreeing with this petition and spreading your own ideas. 

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 15:08 UTC

Hello my dear Asgardians fellows,

I've ratified the Asgardia's Constitution believing that everything would settle down and look good after voting (and in the near future).

However, after reading all statements and points of view posted here, I reviewed my opinion and changed my standpoint.

Although, in general terms, I like the Constitution, but not the Monarchical Political/Governmental regime, I can not turn my back on some "possilble" rights violations and losses/damages to third parties.

Moreover, the immensely low representativeness doesn't make me happy at all - we did not and will not even reach the simple majority (50% + 1).

Honestly, some adjustment and improvement processes do not bother me  - as long as they do not harm rights (especially, Universal rights).

Asgardia is on the rise, so it is pretty normal and expected that problems of all kinds appear and occur, but we have to correct them promptly, always doing the right thing.

I don't want to fight only for the majority or to bravely defend the minority, what I really want is to fight for what is right, honest, fair and equal.

Then, analyzing all this, I've come to the conclusion that, for the good/sake of Asgardia, its own future and all (present and future) Asgardians, I SUPPORT THIS PETITION and claim the voting process to be invalid according to decrees of head of nation of Asgardia.

Finally, I strongly request to all my Brazilians' countrymen, and to all my Portuguese, Italian and South American (Argentines, Chileans, Uruguayans etc.) friends to DO the same.

Best regards,

Leonardo - ANBR.

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 16:12 UTC

The current draft of the constitution is far too big. Good for burocats and bad for the freedom in the long run and an open door for corruption. Keep it simple and clear for everyone would be my honest advice. I would suggest it should be reduced by 90 %. And why no button for the choice "No".

Guido (asgardia citizen)