Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 21:28 UTC

Re: Petition: Cancel of the current vote and creating of a new craft of the consititution  

Until it gets 1000 persons in support, the petition will be ignored if it is moved.

OSJ

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 21:36 UTC

What about a new topic with a clever designed heading to get more people involved? Looking across the forum there many non-english conversations and concerns regarding the Constitution..

There are for sure more people then 19 which would like to have more time to review, and change statements in the Constitution.

TR

Edit (add)

..if the petitions will be handled properly, this is at least one way to go..

Last edited by:  Temir Rakitin (Asgardian)  on Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 21:40 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: P.S.

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 22:29 UTC

• As of my point of view there are two separate issues:
  • - the vote itself
  • - the constitution

Divide into possible petition candidates:

• Declare vote null (HoN decree)

• Change Constitution based on forum feedback
    • - how?
    • - general discussion-forum as pre-selection of petition submission candidates?
    • - definitely more then one topic
    • - per article?
    • - in general?
    • - a completely rewoked/alternative constitution as replacement?
  • - more time for review of the constitution (HoN decree)
  • - how much more?
  • - what is until then? anarchy?

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 22:33 UTC

I have asked for additional information regarding the filing of petitions here:

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/general-discussion-14/topic/questions-for-those-wishing-to-file-petitions-6476/

So, when those questions are answered, the petition can move forward appropriately.

TSU

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 22:34 UTC

@ksauber +1
Can't agree more :-)

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 22:50 UTC

The only thing I'm seeing, @Phicksur and @Temir Ra, is having to do all by petition will leave us into an infinite loop.
Officials just never answer(ed)... it's like to get back atop the waterfall with a rowing boat.

Last edited by:  Luca Coianiz (Asgardian)  on Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 22:51 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 00:59 UTC

I support this petition!

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 01:38 UTC

I support this petition. I have reviewed the draft for the constitution, and it is not ready to be ratified. Section 35-9 contains an ambiguous use of "shall not", and section 50 contains the typo "Asgadia". I am largely in agreement with most of the provisions, but this draft is not ready to be the founding document of a nation. I wish to petition a redraft with these concerns addressed.

-Peter

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 01:55 UTC

I say we redo the Constitution. There are too many loopholes in Articles concerned with citizens' rights and the sections outlining State power are too vague re the limits of State power. 

I think what we need is a separate Charter of Basic Rights for Citizens, then we can build the Constitution around that.

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 05:21 UTC

Attention Everybody!

New Petition Regulations have been announced by @RebekahBerg

https://asgardia.space/en/blog/asgardia/7163-effective-petitioning/

We now also have a Petitioning Section within the Forums under: Ministry of Justice>Citizen Action>Petitions.

(I think we may have to redo this thread.)

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 08:46 UTC

I support this petition!

Since Asgardia is supposed to become a member of the United Nations, the Constitution need to be discussed on the UN panel, for human rights etc.... 

Therefore, it is our duty, future citizens of Asgardia, to draft the Constitution of Asgardia and vote for new articles and articles for being removed on the Constitution.

Last edited by:  Kristoffer Stendal (Asgardian)  on Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 08:46 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 10:50 UTC

I, Niklas Hesse, hereby officially declare to support this petition.

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 11:20 UTC

I, Tomislav Bračić, support this petition.

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 11:36 UTC

Jason, can't you just move the thread?

UCM

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 23:09 UTC

Hi @Jason Rainbow:

It would be nice, if you could move this thread into the Petition Subforum. I don't see the need to open another thread since all information here should be sufficient for petitions as Rebekah wrote in her post about petitioning.

We can also easly track here, that only asgardians voted as they wrote here.

With best regards.

p.s.: Since I didn't say it explicit for myself: I, Oliver Otte from Germany, support and sign this petition.