Jul 19, 17 / Vir 04, 01 21:33 UTC

Petitions Suggestion  

Hello fellow Asgardians,

I am writing to all would-be petition submitters.  I have read through each of the petitions currently listed as pending votes.  While each of them presents an idea that the requestor is submitting for approval and implementation, I notice that many are missing some key elements.  As each petition (once it reaches the requisite number of votes) will end up in the hands of one of the government representatives for further action, it is important that as much information  as possible is thoroughly and clearly presented.  With that in mind, I humbly request each petition submitter consider and include the following in their petition:

1. A clear description of what the objective of the petition is. (ex: "To implement a training course for citizens to walk on the moon")

2. A clear description of actionable steps needed to implement the request (ex "Training could be provided with a combination of online classes and in person training at xyz training facility.  XX number of facilitators will need to be hired, each of which has been certified by xyz program")

3. A thorough explanation of how the objective of the petition (once implemented) would be beneficial to Asgardia. (ex: "This training will allow citizens to assist the current with moon rock farming efforts currently under way, thereby increasing yield and overall production."

Without these types of elements in each of the petitions, the government representatives charged with moving them through the process once approved will end up with a stack of potentially great ideas with no clear definition on how to proceed in a timely fashion. Movement forward requires action and action requires clear, well thought out objectives.  Help your leadership help you by providing a clear description of what you are asking for and how you see it happening.  This will not only increase the likelihood of people voting for your proposal, but also allow it to move quickly through the process and come to fruition!

Kind Regards,

Adrie

Aug 4, 17 / Vir 20, 01 22:41 UTC

A Petition Template or a Web Page form will be very beneficial to ensure Petitions meet basic requirements prior to submission. Of course, the subjective content will still need final Moderating Team review prior to approval, but for the most part, it would ensure Petitions are in the desired format. At a minimum, samples should be provided to citizens. 

Aug 5, 17 / Vir 21, 01 05:45 UTC

I think that the process of creating petitions should be coordinated between the community and the local government representative.  This will ensure that not only are the proper formats met, but that the request is fully understood (with possible concerns/issues discussed and clarified) and can be supported properly through the entire petition process.  A standardized submission form would go a long way to making sure the minimum requirements for submission are met. Maybe we should look at putting a committee together to get this set up?

Kind Regards,

Adrie Newman

Candidate for Strategist

Aug 5, 17 / Vir 21, 01 06:59 UTC

Hi Dirk,

At the moment I am focusing on my candidacy to help represent my local community.  I may pursue volunteering in an official capacity in the future, once the candidate elections have concluded.  For now, I help where I can :)

Kind Regards,

Adrie Newman

Candidate for Strategist

Aug 7, 17 / Vir 23, 01 20:14 UTC

This is an improvement request similar to an ECO or ECR (Engineering Change Orders/Requests) in a manufacturing/production area. So, my question is if this improvement request should be presented in a Petition format or Petition for a process to accept it like a "Suggestion Box"? Any ideas?

Aug 8, 17 / Vir 24, 01 04:51 UTC

I think we should put together a working committee of citizens and the admin team to come up with the standardized form. Once a form has been drafted we could submit a formal petition to the citizen community for voting. This way we can present a complete, well thought out actionable package.

Kind Regards,

Adrie Newman

Candidate for Strategist

Aug 8, 17 / Vir 24, 01 17:14 UTC

A committee of citizens and Admin Team members sounds like a good idea. How would you get the admin team to participate in putting together a form? I don't know if this is part of their responsibilities.