Dec 25, 16 / Cap 24, 00 01:12 UTC

Core Asgardian Philosophical Principles  

I think it is fair to say that most of human history evolved with little concerted effort. Humans have accomplished a lot (for better or for worse), but it hasn't generally been a principled approach. Diverse groups of hunter-gatherers coalesced into different cultures and civilizations. Part of Asgardia's vision is to create "a mirror of humanity in space but without Earthly division into states, religions and nations," from Dr. Ashurbeyli's concept speech.

One of the things that attracted me to Asgardia was an idea of starting anew with humanity. What could the next several hundred years of human evolution look like if it were from a directed effort.

It would be antithetical to the value of individualism for Asgardia to have mandated philosophical principles, but I think Asgardia would have an identifiable core philosophy just as other nations have core philosophies.

What are the core philosophical principles of Asgardia?

Last edited by:  Joseph Dasenbrock (Asgardian)  on Dec 25, 16 / Cap 24, 00 01:13 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 25, 16 / Cap 24, 00 15:17 UTC

I would suggest based on the concept and constitution thus far that philosophical principles would be built up naturally around structures such as parenting, learning, and examples set by members of the society. That said, my hope for Asgardia is rational and progressive thinking based on compassion as well as a balance of collectivism and individualism. I would also like to see an evolution beyond belief and an acknowledgement that being wrong is useful, and sometimes necessary.

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 19:04 UTC

I should think core philosophical principles ought to be:

1. PHILOSOPHY

i. Asgardia should generally adopt analytic philosophy above other styles of philosophy.

2. ONTOLOGY AND METAPHYSICS:

i. Cogito Ergo Sum

ii. Philosophical realism

iii. Basic Formal Ontology

3. PHILOSOPHY OF MIND

i. Asserting that consciousness is an emergent property from a physical source: the brain and its mechanics.

ii. The mind is developed by experiencing sensory stimulus.

4. EPISTEMOLOGY

i. Logical Positivism

5. MORALITY AND ETHICS

i. I would suggest my analytic ethics methodology, which endeavors to be a scientific answer to moral problems.

ii. The use of Basic Formal Ontology to quantify situations into data.

iii. The examination of data according to whether it moves toward good or evil.

vi. Good: Any act which re-enforces the foundations of conscious life and makes conscious life or lifeforms more actionable, more intelligent, more empathetic and less likely to die is good.

vii. Evil: Any act which depreciates the foundation of conscious life and which makes it harder for conscious lifeforms or their societies to be actionable, intelligent or empathetic or which kills people or destroys societies is evil.

6. CONCLUSION

i. Afterwards we can discuss how these basic philosophical principles should inform our politics, our economics and our aesthetics.

Last edited by:  Spencer Ferri (Asgardian, Candidate)  on Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 19:12 UTC, Total number of edits: 7 times

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 23:25 UTC

A couple of ideas:

1. I believe there needs to be consideration for quantifying and analysis of both collective consciousness and individualism and their part in philosophical architecture.

2. Also, we need to build into this framework a flexibility that accommodates our growing understanding of quantum realities; the outcomes of which may or may not influence the observation, analysis, argument and assertions of understanding of our consciousness.

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 23:54 UTC

Hello, fellow Asgardians. I'm sure you're aware there's a Concept page on the official website that explains what's the grand strategy for Asgardia. Any philosophical principles need to be based on what's explained on that page, particularly the concept of tolerance, peace in space and digitalization of the noosphere.

Link, just in case:

https://asgardia.space/en/page/concept

Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 09:33 UTC

"All Men Are Created Equal !"

But honestly from my view having any "Core Philosophical Principles" would go against tolerance...... Principles are for the individual / corporation, a nation's "Philosophical Principles" should vary to create diversity. There will always be binary opposition and always has been this is what drives some to hard code any real "Philosophical Principles" would only create elitism and segregate those who "think different".....

Last edited by:  Scott Lindh (Asgardian)  on Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 09:36 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 9, 17 / Aqu 09, 01 08:59 UTC

The philosophy is to protect humanity, protect the planet.

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 10:21 UTC

Since one of the core elements in Asgardia is cultural diversity, I honestly don't think that setting up principles will do any good, more then becoming restraints for thinkers. Instead we should support and motivate thinking of all types, until a conventional philosophy emerges itself.

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 16:10 UTC

PEACE IN SPACE!

There is our core principle, THE principle. It attracted me. How about you?

Diversity is good, but after all, we are here for some reasons, I bet our reasons don't differ much.

We are not equal, and should not pretend to be. The point is, all must have equal rights. To achive this ideal, we have to respect differences.

Feb 15, 17 / Pis 18, 01 11:20 UTC

Dear Asgardians,sir, The subject philosophy is a study of whole universe.Humanity is a central idea of philosophy.Our founding father has given in his concept so Asgardia will be a core of philosophical ideas in future.thanks